Senior System Verification Engineer
This is us, your new colleagues at Powertrain Engineering (PE)
We are proud product owners for components, systems as well as complete powertrains. We are accountable for the lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. Advanced conventional combustion Engines still represents a majority of our Product base, however the share of e-mobility solutions is steadily increasing.
As a Senior Verification Engineer, you would be responsible for development of test cases and test plan for specified functionalities (part or complete end to end), Perform the verification of the component or each function as specified. You will be responsible for the first level of quality assurance and are expected to deliver supporting test results in the form of a detailed test report.
- Understand existing and future requirements on test equipment and needed methods.
- Be part of the Global HIL Rig community
- Developing/ Automating Test cases
- Identify equipment suppliers finding technical solutions and be part of the realization and commissioning of new equipment / upgrading existing rig
- Prepare/update HIL rig Technical descriptions, specifications and act as advisor for the investment projects.
- Deliver the services of developing the test Rig, the means required for the development.(building modification, electrical wiring, electronic control, test rig automation, vehicle simulation, etc.)
- Develop deeper understanding of:
- Sensors for pressure, temperature, torque, liquid and gas flow and fluids consumption measurement
- Rig electronics (measurements, signal handling, I/O and PLC-systems)
- Sharing your knowledge with colleagues and organization and support fault tracing activities
- Perform pre-studies and benchmarking and choose the best solutions in accordance to quality, accuracy, reliability, maintainability and legal demands by working in close cooperation with equipment suppliers and networking.
- Work in close cooperation with the Projects in order to understand the product development needs, and keep updated on the latest technologies.
- Ensure calibration of measurement devices and alert in case of non-conformity of device output.
- Manage the procurement and storage of the parts with safety and environmental care
- 6-8 years of experience within Automotive ECU verification
- Experience and knowledge in embedded systems development within the automotive industry
- Verification against requirements exposure to CAN, LIN, J1939, UDS protocol
- Experience with CAPL/Python/Perl/Shell scripting/LAB View
- Experience with CANalyzer/CANOE environment
- Experience in writing Software test plan/test cases for Verification using a very high level cross functional specification.
- Agile development and continuous integration awareness is an added advantage
- Master’s degree in electronics / computer engineering or equivalent education
- Relevant experience in Automotive Industry.
- Well spoken and written English
- Customer Focus
- Instils Trust
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Action oriented
- Matlab / Simulink, Labview, NI Test stand, ATI Vision, CANalyzer
Curious and want to know more, please contact us!
Kishan SREENATH Group Manager E&E, Powertrain Engineering Bangalore
Priya KULKARNI, HR Recruitment, Bangalore
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.