Hardware Component Owner – Volvo Entertainment and Connected Services
We are now looking for Hardware Component Owner to drive our department Entertainment and Connected Services into the future.
We welcome you in our open culture. We promise you a lot of opportunities to grow and learn. We are a great team with competent and easy-to-talk to colleagues. Our Android based apps and service are market-leading and we use bleeding-edge technologies in our daily work. We team up with Google and other big players and we grow rapidly – there are a lot of opportunities for you to learn and self-develop. Our area is fast, furious and fun!
You will work in the team responsible for developing Entertainment and Connected Services located in Lundby, Gothenburg, where the hardware development teams are located either at a supplier, development partner or in-house. You can look forward to an individual and inspiring assignment together with many enthusiastic and professional colleagues. You will in this role be the contact interface/responsible for your components and have a large network cross-functionally and globally.
The mission & context
This is waiting for you, you will:
- be part of the biggest digital transformation in the automotive industry
- be a part of an open-minded, easy-to-talk-to team
- have a lot of opportunities to grow
- manage hardware for concerned ECU/s
- drive supplier and/or development partner
- Single point of contact to stakeholders for technical issues (such as function owners, verification, system engineering, SW development etc.)
- provide product documentation to our internal and external customers
- synchronize requirements on the products’ evolution road maps with the stakeholders
- be in continuous communication with stakeholders and suppliers
- participate in Pre-study team and advanced engineering
We are looking for a colleague who has proven experience as a software component owner. You will fit well if you are a social, trustful and committed person who can explain complex technical aspects (verbally and in documentation). You need to have a true can do attitude together with a strong quality focus. Additionally, it is expected that you have a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team. Besides, the wanted profile includes that you have the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. This includes that you have excellent prioritization skills and the ability to eliminate roadblocks. Lastly, if you have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams – you are our perfect match.
- Experience and knowledge in software development for automotive industry
- System & risk management perspective (dependability and FMEA etc.)
- Understand the components role in a distributed system
- Know supplier/development/in-house team partner management
- Have industrialized at least one hardware
- Have Broad experience within HW and SW Electronics development in Automotive (and/or Telecom industry)
- Product management
- Requirement management/interpretation
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Pro-active, problem solving attitude and positive regarding working “hands on in Vehicles” when needed to sort out problems
- University Degree in Computer- or Software- or Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the electronics area and preferably in the automotive industry
Bedjet Iséni, Manager Entertainment and Connected Services, +46 313227329
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.