Assistant Financial Accountant
You will assist with the timely and accurate period end reporting of profit and loss and the reconciliation of balance sheet for Renault Trucks Commercials Ltd, part of the Volvo Group. This position is a grade 4.
- Timely and accurate period end accounting for the assigned elements of Renault Truck Commercials Ltd.
- Compliance with UK GAAP, IAS and internal Volvo Financial Policies and Procedures (FPP)
- Reconcile all key balance sheet accounts under area of responsibility in preparation for monthly balance sheet proof review. Investigate issues.
- Preparation of analysis as required by the business to investigate the variances against plan and forecast information. Communicate to the business and follow up on any actions.
- Accountability for completeness, accuracy and timeliness of fixed asset accounts. Monthly reporting to the business controllers with regard to current asset position.
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Good organisation and planning skills
- Customer Focus - Ability to demonstrate a service mind-set to support business and develop effective working relationships.
- Honesty and Integrity - Adopts an open and honest atmosphere and working environment. Behaves in a trustworthy manner and in line with the general principles for financial management within the Volvo Group.
- Effective Relationships - Ability to build effective working relationships
Required knowledge & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or AAT qualified
- Working towards a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Current knowledge of VAT and Corporate Tax Legislation
- Current knowledge of technical accounting standards
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.