To work closely with and proactively supervise a team of technicians; create high levels of morale and focus to ensure that work is completed efficiently, in a timely manner and with excellence in quality.
Communicate effectively with the Workshop Controller and CSR’s to ensure that technicians have valid job specifications and time budget, prior to work commencing.
Ensure that customer expectations are managed at all times by working with each stage of the Renault Truck Service process.
Maximise the shift’s performance through effective problem solving, coaching and development.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Agree resource plans with Workshop Controller (and actions to handle peaks in workload) and anticipate resourcing issues in advance
- Check that all work is supported by formal customer authorisation prior to starting
- Issue work and ensure technicians are fully briefed on job requirements and budgets (Renault service times), in line with the up-front job specifications
- Monitor workshop work-in-progress versus job specification time budgets (service times)
- Ensure Renault time recording procedures are complied with, including correct use of X codes, as per productivity policy
- Help control operating costs by ensuring that you and your team follow the Renault Truck Service Process Maps
- Provide timely updates the progress of job to the CSR (or to the customer as required e.g. when out of hours)
- Quality check jobs, manage job issues or problems in real time
- Coach technicians in technical diagnostics to speed fault diagnosis and accurately specify repair solutions
- Specify repair solutions to facilitate the production of quotes as required (considering Renault service times / parts)
- Specify repair solutions for defects / minor defects found during service or other planned work
- Ensure timely handover of completed, fully specified jobs to CSR for invoicing
- Carry out effective shift handover including any outstanding repair order and customer issues
- Ensure the shift team carry out work in accordance with Renault Truck Scotland’s standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care
- Be responsible for the workshop environment, taking action when any cleaning and general housekeeping issues arise
- Resolve or report any deficiencies with Renault Special tools and equipment used during the shift
- Carry out 1:1’s with Technicians
- Proactively select and develop lead/master technician to be able to stand in for specified supervisory tasks during times of peak activity.
Required knowledge & experience:
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Technology
- To be able to manage and motivate a team of technicians in their daily activities
- To be able to coach and provide support and guidance to your team of technicians.
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- To have questioning, listening and information gathering skills
- To be able to work in an organised and methodical manner ensuring that all daily tasks are completed
- To be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome
- To be able to understand and analyse technical issues and propose appropriate solutions
- To be able to delegate work to the appropriate personnel
- To be able to operate GDS and Impact systems, specific to the Renault service process stages
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Values and Attitudes
- To always conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Flexible and positive approach to changing workload and priorities.
- To be able to remain level headed in a fast paced working environment
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach to managing workshop
- Team orientated
Additional important requirements:
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook applications and general computer literacy.
- Basic working knowledge of Vehicle Technology.
You will be part of passionate teams with a global, open and collaborative mind-set. You will experience a culture that empowers people.
Renault Trucks is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under brands such as Volvo, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.