Position DescriptionNow is the time to join a progressive international team with a strong culture, positive mindset and high energy that continues to redefine what is possible. At Volvo, the vision is clear to “be the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the World”. In the Professional Services team we are committed and empowered to live this vision.
The Professional Services North America team consists of eight buyers spanning Canada, US and Mexico with global counterparts around the world. Stakeholders for the group are spread across the North American region.
The Buyer’s primary goals are to lead, negotiate and execute sourcing activities within the Competence & Development and Advisory Services segments in accordance to the technical specifications of our stakeholders. You will be able to directly influence Volvo’s future supplier base in collaboration with our global counter parts.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of the current supply base, map and identify new suppliers and establish and maintain relationships with the key suppliers
- Lead, negotiate and execute all sourcing activities to the defined project timelines and approved sourcing strategies
- Issue RFQ’s, negotiate an optimal cost level for areas of responsibility and carry out contract negotiations and management
- Support the development of new segment strategies and lead the execution of actions agreed in these strategies
- Monitor market and technology developments in this commodity and address changes through the strategies
- Collaborate with global counterparts and internal stakeholders in order to get the best possible results for Volvo in terms of Cost, Quality, Delivery, Features and Risk
- 3-5 years or more experience in Purchasing or related field
- 4 year degree with Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field of study preferred
- Ambition the be part of a highly engaged team culture
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Negotiation skills and drive to look for cost improvement opportunities
- Good communication skills and positive mindset with high energy
- Strong interest in developing relationships with stakeholders and team
- Ability to independently drive and complete tasks
- Strategic understanding and thinking
- Analytical skills
- Result oriented
- Honesty and integrity
- French/Spanish is a plus
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.