Lead Studio Engineer Exterior
Can you think outside the box to attack technical problem solving on a high level? Are you a person to balance specific demands from a product and technology perspective with the soft processes of creative thinking? Then you might be the person we are looking for!
As the Lead Studio Engineer for truck Exterior, you are a crucial link between design and engineering departments and a major player to let us solve complex cross-functional challenges, arbitrating compromises when necessary. You work proactively to influence and translate technical constraints into design opportunities and you help generate feasible solutions for technically challenging areas.
We offer you to join a dynamic team of creative and passionate colleagues from many different backgrounds and cultures and you will be a key player to make us design appealing products with strong brand profiles for the Volvo Group
- Min 5 years proven experience in the automotive industry
- Degree in a related design discipline. Automotive or Mechanical Engineering equivalent is an advantage
- You have strong knowledge of design, packaging, engineering system solutions and integration within OEM environments.
- Fully proficient in Catia V5 (hardware engineering areas)
- Proven experience from Design Studio environment and Product Data Management systems is an advantage
- Ability to represent Product Design in cross functional meetings and to take a leading role when needed
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Strong at building peer relationships
- Fluent in English
In this position, you will be placed in Gothenburg and report to the Site Director.
In order to be successful in this position we think you are an engineer with strong interest in design and how to create products with strong brand identity.
If you are the right candidate, please do not hesitate to submit your application today!
If you need more information, you are welcome to contact:
Katarina Borg, Site Director Product Design
Call: +46-31-322 5225
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.