Strategic Designer, Colour Materials & Finishes
Are you a CMF Designer with true passion to develop materials for future customer, business and environmental requirements? Then this is an opportunity for you! As a member of our diverse and award winning Design team you will have an exciting and interesting employment.
As Global and Strategic CMF Designer you will be working together with a cross functional Global Strategic Design team to create innovative sustainable concepts, to support the Volvo Group Brand Portfolio, Renault Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks and Volvo Trucks, including the other Volvo business areas , Volvo Bus, Volvo Construction Equipment and Volvo Penta.
You will be developing the CMF area to a more sustainable and circular economy future, working x-functionally to develop and anchor strategies within our Global Product Design organization
Working in projects, global, cross-brand and cross-business area your task will also be to proactively promote synergies between studios as well as propose and lead advanced studies in the area of CMF design
- You have proven experience and knowledge working with sustainability and circular economy in the area of materials, plastics and textiles
- Knowledge of the latest available automotive material and finishing techniques
- BA/BfA degree
- Minimum 5 years of documented experience in the design field, experience from the automotive industry is a strong merit
- You are very structured and used to working in complex and global networks, developing anchoring and establishing strategies
- You have proven experience of setting-up and working with academia, government institutions, establishing collaborative projects
- You have good communication skills, both orally and visually
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Highly organized, structured
- You are a team player with proven networking and X-functional experience
In this position you will be placed in Gothenburg and report to the Expert Group Manager.
If you are the right candidate please don’t hesitate to submit your application today!
If you need more information you are welcome to contact:
Glen Barlow: Expert Group Manager
Tel: 073 9027255
Seiya Ohta: Strategic Studies Director:
Tel: 076 5538249
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.