Group Manager power supply and distribution
Too good to be true?
Managing a highly skilled team of engineers, as well as joining the newly formed Hardware and support section within EEVC, all in one package!
This is us, your new colleagues
EEVC is a local department within Vehicle Engineering Gothenburg, responsible for delivering Electrical and Connectivity solutions for the Volvo Truck Heavy Duty range. We are aiming at a high level of co-operation cross the organization.
You will be an important member of the Hardware and Support Section and you will report to the Section Manager in Gothenburg.
Main responsibilities are:
- Secure project and maintenance deliveries in the power and distribution area
- Provide skilled resources to project and maintenance activities
- Take product ownership for power and distribution components
- Monitor product quality and cost for power and distribution components and initiate actions
- Secure competence development strategy and coach team members on their personal development
- Regular communication to the team on performance, strategies and operation
- As a manager within EEVC Engineering you are expected to have a strong business mindset. You need to be an inspiring leader, be positive and interested in developing people as well as technology
The Electrical and Electronics area will continue to grow in importance in the commercial vehicle industry and in the Volvo Group. We are currently developing very exciting products and will continue to do so in the years to come as we are expanding our business into new segments.
The group is currently consisting of 10 engineers.
Who are you?
We believe that it is the right mindset that will make a difference within our organization. If besides your genuine interest in working with people in a technical product development context, also see challenges as something positive and face change with curiosity - then we are sure you will be successful in this position.
As a person, you have a high customer focus and a genuine and strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams. To treat people equally and work with the customer in mind goes for you without saying. We believe that you have previous experience in leading people and that you are curious to learn and develop yourself as well.
- Master of Science within engineering (e.g. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science), or comparable work experience
- Worked as a group manager or have other leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of Hardware development and technology
- Strong knowledge of product development processes
- Structured, analytical and holistic mind-set
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Experience from automotive development is a merit
We can offer you a job with high complexity and leadership, it will not be effortless but you will be involved in many interesting technical discussions. Here you get the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and to influence the development of our future electrical systems.
With all this said we also believe that best results in the long run are achieved with a healthy balance between work and private life.
We’d love to hear from you and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Björn Antonsson, Section Manager HW & Support EEVC, +46 73 90 22736
Hårdstedt Karin, HRBP, +46 313238633
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.