Manager, Backorder Recovery
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
Mission/Purpose of the Position
Scope & Influence
This position reports to the Director of Supply Planning & DIM and is located in Greensboro, NC.
- Contribute to fulfillment of central KPI’s for SML NA, such as Availability, Back Order Recovery, and Delivery Precision
- Manage the workflow of the BOR Team to ensure performance targets are achieved and to encourage and promote teamwork in an efficient and professional manner
- Accountable for any Escalated Parts issues emanating from Dealers, Field Parts and/or Service Managers, or as relayed by management
- Resolve difficult customer issues professionally and expeditiously
- Provide skilled support, on-going training and guidance to the BOR Team drawing upon hands-on experiences to ensure individual and team success
- Manage the individual performance of team members
- Develop and maintain relationships with other SML functions to facilitate optimal resolution on all Service Market Parts backorders, inquiries or issues
- Ensure utilization of VPS and Lean principles within the department and projects where you lead or participate
- Act as an inspiring leader; attract, motivate, develop and retain talent
- Lead and act according to Volvo values, drive change and promote diversity
- Other duties as assigned by management
- BA/BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant logistics, inventory management and/or supply chain experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated abilities in the Volvo Leadership competencies (Leadership experience)
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement in an office worker environment
- Demonstrated ability to set demanding targets and to motivate teams and individuals to deliver outside their comfort zones
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo’s Values and the Code of Conduct
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to network effectively across a diverse organization and build enduring relationships across functional and geographical areas
- Ability to drive improvements in a global environment through formal and informal leadership
- Skilled in recruitment, development, and management of talent
- Strong communicator with good influencing skills, with ability to create trust and cooperation in spite of cultural differences and geographical distance
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate data & information in a clear and concise manner to decision-makers at all levels
- Self-propelled, planning and execution skills and the ability to independently drive and solve complex tasks
- Energy, drive, and the courage to lead and deal with conflict management
- Interest and ability to develop people
- Excellent computer skills, (Microsoft Office applications)
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.