Technical Safety Specialist
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
The Technical Safety Coordinator will identify, develop, implement, and manage safety programs and initiatives consistent with the company’s business goals and in compliance with federal, state, local, and Volvo requirements. They will provide leadership to the organization in safety related practices and procedures relating to company directives. This position will report directly to the Manager Workshop and Test Labs
- Develop programs to reduce work related injuries and improve operations productivity.
- Assess exposure risks associated with tests to be performed, installation of new equipment and changes to existing process
- Responsible for driving regulatory compliance with applicable OSHA and related mandated programs such as lockout tag-out, confined space entry, hazard communication, powered industrial equipment, hearing conservation, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring applicable OSHA written programs are periodically reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis
- Provide necessary H&S training to management and the line organization
- Utilize VPS methodology and develop necessary action plans to address corrective actions in health and safety affairs
- Define, drive and communicate technical safety related targets and KPIs
- Develop and maintain strategic plans jointly with business partners, and manage activities to minimize liability and/or exposure to the company for safety related issues
- Establish facility goals, monitor program effectiveness, provide data and/or progress reports to management, and develop/manage corrective actions for GTT
- Maintain and communicate technical safety performance information to company management as directed or requested
- Work closely with regulatory agencies, community groups and potential customer to secure Volvo’s reputation as a leader in safety performance
- Participate on global and local networks to secure consistency and standards throughout the organization
- Coordinate and communicate technical safety activities with Group Truck Technology and US H&S Center of Expertise
- May have responsibility for direct reports.
- Minimum BS in chemical, environmental engineering/safety, MS preferred.
- 5+ years in industrial, manufacturing and commercial occupational health and safety management experience
- Advanced knowledge of state and federal safety laws and regulations and Volvo Company Policies
- Working knowledge of regulatory, Volvo Company, GTT reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of heavy industrial manufacturing and assembly operations
- Background with electrical safety engineering and associated standards, preferably related to energy storage systems is a plus
- Trust- Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual
- Can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Priority Thinking-Can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal
- Delegation- Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Motivating Others- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best
- Learning- Learns quickly when facing new problems
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Manager- Prototype Workshop and Test Labs
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.