Logistics Development Engineer
Continuous optimization of transport set-ups for the right total cost, environmental impact and most efficient lead time within the area of Transport Material, Packaging and Transport Products, securing a stable Volvo Group transport network. Coordinate transport setup implementations by involving responsible departments and following up on successful outcome of implementation.
- Monitor and review international/regional transport flows in order to find optimal scenarios evaluating parameters such as mode, route, frequency, lead time, volume, filling degree, CO2 emission, capital tied up, seeking right total cost and most efficient lead time in cooperation with Colleagues and Business Partners
- Secure stabilized network following Production Program fluctuations, act for new scenarios to come avoiding extra transport costs
- Balance volumes at X-docks and Plants
- Support with landed cost calculation in sourcing investigations and projects in different internal forums following cost calculation global principles
- Deliver and report Transport Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance
- Support logistics Sourcing Projects with market knowledge and by delivering documentations securing timely and correct handovers to line organization and logistics providers
- Secure total lead-time communication towards Colleagues and Business Partners
- Secure correct design handovers to line organization
- Support new input implementations cases by securing timely and correct information to line organization and logistics providers
- Structured mindset and analytic skills
- Good Excel and Access knowledge
- Team player with good interpersonal, presentation and networking skills to build strong internal and external relationships with stakeholders
- Working within a cultural diverse team comes natural
- Problem solving and self-going attitude
- Active contributor to the lean methodology
- Motivated and determined to reach agreed objectives, (K)PI’s
- Customer focused attitude
- Supply Chain knowledge
- Holistic understanding
- Ability to independently generate ideas and demonstrate creativity
- Fluent in English
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.