Engineer - Fuel Injection System
Our team is part of the Combustion and after-treatment technology. We provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution of complete products, for all Volvo group customers.
We work here with pride and fun. We value team spirit, work-life balance, people development, challenges and innovation.
As a member of the Fuel Injection team in Hagerstown, Maryland, you will be involved in heavy duty engines fuel injection hardware development, software specification and dataset calibration to ensure that our products will respect Volvo group's commitment to performance, reliability and environmental care.
We are part of a global network of engineers, purchasers, quality responsibles, … working with our suppliers to offer the best products to our customers.
You should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering.
You will report to the Group Manager of the Fuel injection engineering team.
Some examples of typical responsibilities in our group include:
- Operating world class heavy duty engine dynamometer test cells. Responsible for efficiently and accurately executing test procedures while concurrently reviewing testing results to ensure reliability of data
- Analyzing data from trucks in the field to assist in all aspects of product development, from setting advanced engineering goals to helping resolve customer product quality issues
- Driving software evolutions with our software engineers for improved performance, reliability and on-board diagnostic
- Calibrating engine control parameters related to fuel injection system
- Directing, developing and evaluating plans for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out with Volvo colleagues and external suppliers across the globe.
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and to implement cost effective solutions as required
- Making decisions on type of testing, arranging for and conducting tests and interpreting results. Performing calculations using the latest analytical methods in support of test and design. Issuing written and oral reports
- Releasing upgrades and evolutions of the fuel injection system hardware
You will be expected to perform a variety of tasks in a highly technical environment as part of a team.
Our teams are hardworking and members are supportive of each other. In order to complement your colleagues you will need to exhibit characteristics such as:
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, based on integrity and trust, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Ownership / Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business and professional fields
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Engineering/ engine development experience preferred
- Heavy or medium duty diesel engine development a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Action oriented with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Motivated to solve problems and develop quality solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to successfully collaborate with global and cross-functional colleagues
- Innovative mindset with customer focus
- Authorized to work in the United States required
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.