Data Analytics Manager
Build and maintain infrastructure for advanced analytics for the Leasing and Service Contract portfolio. Develop and deliver insights related to the causal factors and drivers of portfolio profitability using vehicle, claim, sales and telematics data. Recommend actions to improve portfolio profitability, working cross-functionally with Finance, Product Engineering, Reliability and Warranty Operations. Represent Leasing and Service Contracts department and network cross-functionally as part of the larger analytics community within Volvo.
The Data Analytics Manager performs data preparation on big data sets, combining data from various systems and databases to provide detailed reports and presentations to management, using appropriate and innovative ways to display visualizations of the data.
- Power user for SAS analytical tools – SAS Visual Analytics and Enterprise Guide
- Identify and prepare data sources/ combine data / automate collection processes and reports
- Create and publish monthly management reporting package on the performance of portfolio as well as external reporting on contract usage to dealers and customers
- Data mining and analysis of large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns to identify cost drivers
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Collaborate with vendors to improve existing analytics tools
- Provide inputs to teams working on data cleaning, data modelling and optimization. Review /monitor/ improves and maintain system data integrity
- Participate in Aftermarket IT projects, as needed to provide inputs to requirements, User Acceptance Testing, etc.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong statistical analysis and math skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to define problem statement, collect data, perform analysis, identify root cause(s) and make recommendations.
- Creative ability to present data in a visually intuitive format appropriate to the audience
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Economics. Master’s degree in Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred.
- SAS Programmer certification, with experience in SAS coding, Enterprise Guide, Visual Analytics
- 2 years SAS programming, with strong experience in SAS Enterprise Guide and stored processes
- Understanding of Quality and Reliability concepts (ex.: failure rate, predictive techniques, averages, means, standard deviation, etc.) helpful
- Experience using large relational databases for analytical reporting. Demonstrated ability to develop complex queries in linking data across databases
- Ability to develop and apply predictive models
- Ability to extract and integrate data leveraging technologies such as (SQL, Hive, Redshift, Mongo, etc.)
- Programming experience using tools such as Python, R, SAS, Java and SQL)
- Experience building dashboards/visualizations using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SAS Visual Analytics)
- Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning Techniques – Regression, Time Series, ANOVA, Classification, Clustering, Association Rules, etc.
- Microsoft Suite – Excel, Access, etc.
- Occasional travel required
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.