Are you the developer who excel in what you do? Do you realize that it is more exciting to enable other developers to perform? Then joining our continuous integration team should be the logical next step in your career. Working in this team you will be appreciated by demanding colleagues from the many development teams you are supporting. The direct feedback you get from working with this is outstandingly rewarding and encouraging. So if you have seen and experienced frustration of poor continuous integration and build environments now is your chance to prove you can do better. Take the challenge and enable the next level integration chain with us. If you do feel up for the challenge be prepared for the best job you ever landed in the best workplace.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The CI team for the Entertainment and Connected Solution (the Void team) consist of 4 experienced individuals with focus on different parts of the build process. Some has been part of the team for a long time and some are recently joined but as a team we are all enjoying each other’s company. And now we have a place for you. We have an agile mindset and plan our daily tasks using a Kanban board. We are part of the agile release train for the entertainment and Connected Solutions platform which is working according to SAFe. On the average work week there are many reprioritizations and moving targets since the most important aim for the team is to keep the build environments up and running. We are fun loving curious professionals who easily get into technical discussions and try to come up with ideas how to improve. We are also constantly challenged with exciting opportunities for growth and experience..
- Keep track of needs from the agile release train
- Improve performance of the CI machinery
- Reduce manual steps in the build process
- Produce good ways to monitor quality
- Keep build environment up and running
- Work together with tools teams to enhance the tool support
- Train and support development teams in use of build tools
- Minimum 4 year of experience with software development
- Knowledge of the CI and CD concepts
- Advanced level Python skill
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Very good knowledge of English
- Knowledge in tools Jenkins, GIT Bitbucket etc.
- Good knowledge of XML, HTML
- Experience from Embedded SW development
- Automotive Experience
- Basic knowledge of Swedish
In return we offer:
- Professional challenges in the exciting field of connectivity
- A workplace where growth of our employees is in focus
- Good atmosphere where trust and passion is two of our core values
- A chance to make a difference in our path toward continuous development
- The Volvo package of benefits, profit sharing and global opportunities
- A great team which will make every day great
- Access to Volvo university’s extensive library of courses and trainings
- Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
- Challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
- International projects in company with certain recognition on the market
- Our nice new office at M1 Lindholmen Gothenburg
- We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
Contact Hiring Manager Maria Le Gars (+46 313236688)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.