Special Vehicle Lead Electrical and Electronic Engineer
Our challenges include satisfying the needs of our customers while meeting quality requirements, time to market, features, and cost targets at complete vehicle level. We are using specific global Special Vehicles processes, organization, and governance to secure short time to market and reduced development cost.
We achieve this by:
- Focusing actions and projects to fill customers’ demands
- Providing solutions to complex tenders and support unique brand offer
- Installing alternative driveline and fuel economy solutions
This outlines the responsibilities, authorities and competence requirements for an Electrical Engineer within Special Vehicle Development a function of Complete Vehicle Engineering.
- Find solutions in electronic and electrical to fulfill customer need
- Develop and support electrical architecture for special applications
- Drive implementation of your development into production and in the field
- Guide as the electrical system owner for electrical wiring harness and component projects within area of assignment including related packaging solutions
- Work in close connection to Group Truck Operations when preparing the technical solution and during the project execution
- Understands complete vehicle architecture and functional schematic. Is able to specify electrical components and circuit protection devices
- Create/modify technical reports and XFS (cross functional specs) to be used as work instructions for project deliverables
- Develops verification and validation plan for electrical designs and support recommendations resulting from validation activities
- Completes the design, installation and documentation of vehicle electrical systems and components
- Performs design, testing/validation and/or development projects within area of assignment: Emphasis is placed on accuracy; accountability/ownership; adherence to formal internal and external standards, procedures and processes; and accurate, acceptable documentation and report writing
- Work closely with supplier for development components
- Support engineering documentation of drawings and specifications that are related to design.
- To execute Projects with QDCF (Quality, Delivery, project and product Cost, Feature)
- To work with cross-functional teams and with a global network of people within Product Development, Purchasing, Global Manufacturing and Aftermarket
- Define the project scope
- Define the product features
- In cooperation with the partner, define and drive the project time plan
- Define and drive the project cost
- Engineering cost for the partner
- Engineering cost for SVD
- Engineering cost for other facilities
- Define and anchor (with the customer) the vehicle diversity
- You are the key contact of the partner for all electrical engineering concerns
- You are responsible to manage the partner and its deliverables
- Project Management experience, training or certification preferred
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- BS Engineering ( Electrical preferred), Master of Science preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an engineering environment with 6 years of automotive or heavy truck engineering
- Must have hands-on experience developing vehicle electrical systems
- Ability to write technical reports
- Knowledge of TEA2, TEA2+, and BP Volvo system architecture
- Skilled in developing low level specifications for electrical hardware developers
- Knowledge of legal requirements especially for US Market in the electrical area.
- Hands on experience of special vehicles/customer adaptation/full build vehicle projects would be a plus
- Project Management training with experience a plus
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Customer Focus
- Values Differences
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Organizational Savvy
- Cultivates innovation
- Nimble Learning
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.