Can you help Volvo Group be the most desired, innovative and successful transport solution provider in the world?
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility and connected vehicles will allow for quieter, cleaner and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to improve and do better. It means creative and innovative thinking, evolutionary and revolutionary problem solving - all in order to reach our vision.
We are looking for a Diagnostic Engineer to join our Aftermarket Technology Team- is it you?
Diagnostics Engineers are at the forefront of the Aftermarket group’s projects and participate in the mid to late design phases, strategic decisions impacting our products.
- Do you want to join a global team with the energy, passion and drive to improve customer satisfaction?
- Are you able to design diagnostic strategies and advanced tools for use by our technicians?
- Do you have experience within heavy duty vehicle repair and diagnostics with Engineering background?
- Would you like to drive improvements and implement new concepts within technical projects?
- Can you analyze data accurately and do you have a working knowledge of electronics/component testing (CANoe, CANalyzer)?
- Have you been part of Agile way of working (SAFe)
- Do you have the exceptional people skills n`eeded to develop positive relationships within our team, and with colleagues keeping the customer in mind?
As a Diagnostics Engineer within Aftermarket Technology, you will be part of a dynamic team. You will have an eye for detail to support project deliveries, analyse information and contribute to the design and strategy for technical solutions. Prioritisation and pedagogical skills are also essential as you will be responsible for the aftermarket diagnostic flows during implementation of the diagnostic strategies
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, and construction equipment, marine and industrial engines. Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) provides Volvo Group Trucks with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
A diagnostics engineer should generally have a basis in systems and vehicle engineering & powertrain engineering, with a focus on EE (HW, SW, schematics, etc.), but also insight in mechanics, pneumatics, etc. may be required.
· The manufacturing and aftermarket processes needs in terms of diagnostics.
· How a vehicle system may fail and understand how on- and off-board solutions could efficiently help in identifying the root cause.
· The usage of diagnostic objects such as DTCs, DIDs, RIDs, snapshots, parameters, etc., on-board as well as from off-board perspective, and in the process.
· Methods to interact with the vehicle in terms of fault tracing, parameters setting, measurements, etc.. Hands-on experience on Diagnostic Fault Tracing in the Vehicle
· Methods to analyses system effects/symptoms from faults
· Diagnostic communication, protocols and services
· Standards and legislation relevant for diagnostics
· Overall System requirements and concepts
· Complete Vehicle Functions
Knowledge on GRADEX, MINDMANAGER, OTX, OPERATIONS, & AUTOMATION/TESTING would be an advantage
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.