Manager Vehicle Architecture
This is Project Management & Vehicle Architecture!
Our department’s mission is to lead, drive and execute all activities in order to be accountable for vehicle product ownership in projects and maintenance. We thus lead the development of complete vehicles in FH/FM/FMX and multi-brand projects in close cooperation with our colleagues and stakeholders. We are a high performing, professional team of project and requirement managers, product structure specialists, architects and integration leaders who have projects as our home turf. We are continuing our journey in building a high performing department and are now taking further steps in strengthening our vehicle product ownership by recruiting an ambitious and knowledgeable technical leader for the Vehicle Architect team.
As our new manager for Vehicle Architecture you will have a key and strategic position in securing our vehicle deliveries for Vehicle Engineering HD Volvo Trucks. You will have a vital role to play in taking product ownership for vehicle and will have responsibility for vehicle development for the complete product portfolio in projects and maintenance. You will be involved in the development of new technologies within e.g. e-Mobility and thus heavily partake in securing the major technical challenges we are facing in the coming years.
You will lead a team of approximately 20 architects and feature leaders and be part of the Project Management & Vehicle Architecture management team. You will, in close cooperation with our Product Chief Engineer, PME’s and other stakeholders within GTT, GTO, GTP and our brands:
- Lead and execute vehicle development and integration of components and systems in projects and maintenance and verify that vehicle solutions meet requiremens and customer needs
- Secure that the vehicle range is legally compliant for weight and main dimensions like vehicle width, height, ground clearances & angles
- Deliver all Chassis Drawings for Volvo Brand COE
- Feature leadership Fire Safety and Load Capacity including requirement setting
- Manage all virtual builds in Development loops and prior physical builds
- Develop our way of working and processes within your domain
This is a senior position of strategic importance. We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader with strong leadership qualities including organizational agility. You are action oriented with a very strong will to drive for results. You must be a good communicator, are able to manage ambiguity and have the capacity to develop a new function and build an effective team. You see challenges as inspiring and have a high level of integrity and easily build trust. You also have the ability to create and maintain a diverse network of people.
- Engineering degree BSc/MSc
- Several years of engineering line management experience. Project management experience is a merit
- Multiple years of experience from product development from automotive/trucks. Experience from the industrial system is a merit
- Excellent technical knowledge of HD trucks. Sound knowledge of Volvo Trucks products is a strong merit
- Broad knowledge and experience from multiple technology areas, both from traditional and new technologies
- Fluent English, both oral and in writing
For further information please contact:
Jonas Bernhardsson, Chief Engineer Project Management & Vehicle Architecture, +46 31 322 62 14
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.