Lead Simulation Engineer, Exhaust After-Treatment System
The Exhaust After-Treatment System (EATS) group within Powertrain Strategic Development (PSD) is seeking a lead simulation engineer to strengthen our capabilities when it comes to driving research work for developing innovative simulation models and methods and performing complete system evaluations of future EATS and powertrain concepts.
The position offers the opportunity to work in a creative and multi-cultural work environment with the mission to explore novel concepts and technologies aiming to meet upcoming, more stringent emission legislations. As a lead simulation engineer, you will have the following main responsibilities.
- Leading activities for concept simulation and evaluation of future EATS and powertrain concepts
- Developing innovative simulation methods for evaluating future EATS concepts under real driving conditions
- Enhancing the concept simulation by including sensitivity analysis & robust optimization in order to find system solutions that are insensitive to the sources of variation
- Developing new EATS models for future catalyst components and systems
- Improving the EATS simulation platform to enable global usage of the models within Advanced Engineering as well as product projects
- Establishing close collaboration with experts from different disciplines within and outside the EATS area
- Ph.D. or Master degree in Physics or Chemistry
- In-depth knowledge and working experience in mathematical modelling, programming and simulation of systems with high technical complexity
- Good understanding of data analytics and stochastic modelling
- Working experience from project and/or team leadership
- Knowledge of the EATS, combustion and control theory fundamentals
- Working experience from EATS and engine system simulation will be beneficial
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exploratory and innovative with the ability to drive things to completion
- Analytical mindset with a passion for mathematical modelling and simulations
- Persistent to develop and implement new ideas with high accuracy
- Organized and structured with the ability to plan and coordinate activities
- Communicative and good at establishing relationships for cooperation
The Exhaust After-Treatment (EATS) group within Powertrain Strategic Development (PSD) consists of a team of dedicated experts that are responsible for leading the technology development for future EATS platform to meet future emission regulations. We work with development of EATS technologies using Synthetic-gas Catalyst Tests (SCAT) for small scale catalyst samples, multi-cylinder engine test cells for full-scale prototypes and systems, and modeling and simulation of EATS components and systems.
For further information, please contact:
Behrooz Razaznejad, Director EATS, +46 31 3221903
Maja Vikman, HR Representative, +46 31 3235178
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.