Senior Research Engineer, Exhaust After-Treatment System
The Exhaust After-Treatment System (EATS) group within Powertrain Strategic Development (PSD) is seeking a senior research engineer to strengthen our capabilities when it comes to performing Synthetic-gas Catalyst Testing (SCAT) and develop innovative experimental methods for evaluating deactivation and aging of small-scale catalyst samples.
The position offers the opportunity to work in a creative and multi-cultural work environment with the mission to explore novel concepts and technologies aiming to meet upcoming, more stringent emission legislations.
As a senior research engineer, you will have the following main responsibilities:
- Preparing and performing catalyst testing in SCAT bench including stabilization of small-scale catalyst samples, activity testing and hydrothermal aging and poisoning
- Developing new methods for enhanced understanding of deactivation mechanisms of the catalyst components and increased durability or improved maintenance of future EATS concepts
- Establishing close collaboration with simulation engineers to set-up test procedures and provide relevant experimental data for model calibration and validation
- Supporting the upgrade of the catalyst reactors and emission measurement instruments for enhanced capability of the catalyst laboratory and increased accuracy of experimental data
- Establishing close collaboration with experts from different disciplines within and outside the EATS area
- Ph.D. or Master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Reaction Engineering or Catalysis
- Working experience in catalyst testing in Synthetic-gas Catalyst Test (SCAT) Bench
- Good knowledge of emission measurement instruments and techniques
- Broad knowledge about experimental testing and methods
- Good knowledge of fundamentals of catalysis
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exploratory and innovative with the ability to drive things to completion
- High interest in experimental work in a research laboratory
- Perseverance for solving practical issues in the laboratory
- High interest in following the research trends within catalysis science and test and implement the new findings experimentally
- Communicative and good at establishing relationships for cooperation
The Exhaust After-Treatment (EATS) group within Powertrain Strategic Development (PSD) consists of a team of dedicated experts that are responsible for leading the technology development for future EATS platform to meet future emission regulations. We work with development of EATS technologies using Synthetic-gas Catalyst Tests (SCAT) for small scale catalyst samples, multi-cylinder engine test cells for full-scale prototypes and systems, and modeling and simulation of EATS components and systems.
For further information, please contact:
Behrooz Razaznejad, Director EATS, +46 31 3221903
Maja Vikman, HR Representative, +46 31 3235178
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.