Lead System Design Engineer
EE system leader, this is a role within System Engineering that drives in developing the Electrical System right from the concept stage . This role is to ensure that necessary system activities are defined and performed within each assignment to secure the delivery and maintainability of a consistent and fully functional EE system.
The EE system leader exists from start to end of a project.
- Leading the system team
- Taking part in the development activities within area of expertise.
- Ensuring that the system development is performed according to defined system development processes and methods.
- Plan and monitor all system activities and deliverables in each assignment from the global system organization.
- To identify necessary system activities and deliverables
- To do resource estimations for identified activities and to communicate these to EE PM / assignment leader after anchoring with line managers within the global system organization
- Prioritization of what activities and deliverables are to be performed in which order and when in time
- Regularly follow-up progress, problems and open issues within assignment and ensure that these are handled and communicated
- To escalate issues that need support/assistance from line or project management
- Risk management of system activities within each assignment. This responsibility includes;
- The use of appropriate quality tools jointly with quality section representative (risks analysis, FMEA, dependability analysis, etc…)
- To continuously work with identifying risks within scope of assignment
- To analyze identified risks and ensure that necessary actions are taken to minimize the probability of risks to occur and/or reduce the consequence of them
- To clearly and proactively communicate risks to stakeholders
- Ensure timely and proper communication within system team (if applicable) and with stakeholders.
- Securing the interface with Agile release trains
- Secure that pre-study/concept reports and project technical reports are written, reviewed and released.
- Get needed SCR:s (System Change Requests) initiated get a decision from approval forum.
- Drive the specification and its refinement in the system team
- Drive the distribution of technical requirements to the other parts of the organization.
- Secure that the documents are reviewed and released according to defined routines.
- Check if a new EE system baseline is required to be released as a result of the system development within the assignment.
- Escalate activities that are not being developed according to approved methods or is too risky and will jeopardize the QDCF of the assignment
- BE/BTech/ME/Mtech in Electrical/Electronics and communication engineering
- Experience:6 -8 years
- Automotive engineering knowledge along with strong Electrical\\Electronics engineering knowledge.
- Expert knowledge in Systems engineering
- Truck Application Knowledge.
- Knowledge of SAFe/ Agile way of working .Leading SAFe certified would be added advantage
- Knowledge in Functional development
- Knowledge in platform management
- Knowledge within relevant processes and tools
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the fly
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Leadership skills and should be able to drive others.
- Priority setting
- Experience in cross functional management
- Strong demonstrated self- managed learning
Reports to Group Manager Systems Engineering in Bangalore
For more information please contact: Shib Saha (email@example.com)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.