Senior System Design Engineer
The mission of a Diagnostics Engineer at EE Systems Engineering is to ensure good diagnostic solutions to satisfy the requirements put on the vehicle system as well as on the manufacturing and the aftermarket processes. A diagnostics engineer has roles to fulfill from the early phase concept creation up to the final diagnostics support in various off-board tools.
- Drive and follow up that diagnostic activities for a project is done.
- Defining architectural solutions for diagnostics, like major concepts, infrastructure, structure of data, protocols, etc.
- Investigate and define concepts/solutions by breaking down the incoming requirements, while challenging and clarifying the incoming requirements and defending a satisfactory diagnostic support in the vehicle interface, manufacturing and aftermarket.
- Define needs for on-board diagnostics, define requirements incl. verification needs
- Review, support and follow up implementation incl. verification and trouble shooting
- Develop method for off-board fault tracing
- Match relevant diagnostic trouble codes to instrument cluster information
- Analyze needs and together with system and function owners set the specific on-board diagnostic requirements.
- Drive verification and trouble shooting of diagnostics.
- Develop documentation of the vehicle in terms of diagnostics and define the interaction with the vehicle, e.g. fault tracing methods, and support off-board tool developers with the vehicle information.
- The manufacturing and aftermarket processes needs in terms of diagnostics
- How a vehicle system may fail and understand how on- and off-board solutions could efficiently help in identifying the root cause.
- The usage of diagnostic objects such as DTCs, DIDs, RIDs, snapshots, parameters, etc., on-board as well as from off-board perspective, and in the process.
- Methods to interact with the vehicle in terms of fault tracing, parameters setting, measurements, etc.
- Methods to analyses system effects/symptoms from faults
- Knowledge on Diagnostic communication, protocols and services
- Knowledge on Standards and legislation relevant for diagnostics
- Overall System requirements and concepts
- Knowledge on Vehicle Functions
- Truck Application Knowledge
- BE/BTech/ME/Mtech in Electrical/Electronics and communication engineering
- Experience:4 - 6 years
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the fly
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Leadership skills and should be able to drive others
- Priority setting
- Experience in cross functional management
- Strong demonstrated self- managed learning
Reports to Group Manager Systems Engineering in Bangalore
For more information please contact: Shib Saha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.