Performs all functions relating to the sale and/or handling of replacement parts and accessories. Assists customers with parts requirements. Processing order paper work and shipment of parts to maintain company standard of customer satisfaction. Provide assistance and work to implement strategic pricing strategies and pricing programs.
- Safeguard organizational and personal information confidentiality
- Respect the policies, rules, and values of the Company
- Contribute to the attainment of Company objectives through efficient use of resources
- Foster teamwork, collaboration, and improved communication between sectors
- Implement improvements in the department based on Prevost’s business directions
- Promote standardization and uniformity in management processes and practices
- Develop personal professional skills
- Act as a worthy representative of Prevost
- Responds to customer inquiries for replacement parts, accessories or technical support
- Receives, documents and stores inbound shipments from branches, outside vendors or factory
- Answers parts phone calls and gathers data needed to identify parts requirements
- Locates and ship parts from branch inventory and prepares shipment to customer
- May package parts and accessories for shipment to the appropriate destination
- Includes warranty returns to factory or vendor
- Assists in warranty processing, scrap, shipment etc.
- Assists parts manager with inventory control and stocking levels
- Arranges servicing for back ordered items
- May process special order requests when necessary
- Manually force parts sale invoicing for cash customers
- Assists parts sales specialists and warehouse specialists in the processing of orders and back orders
- Processes branch service department parts orders
- Processes parts requested to be returned for credit or replacement
- Maintains up-to-date documentation relating to parts and accessories
- Maintains work area and environment
- Performs local parts deliveries and pick-up
- Participates in job related training exercises when appropriate or necessary
- Performs building maintenance when necessary
- Pricing duties to include but not limited to
- Assistance in implementing and reviewing Suppliers Direct Margin Strategy by supplier and at the item level
- Assistance in conducting analysis on sales, profit, price, cost, customer and competition
- Provide support in implementing and monitoring the internal pricing controls designed to avoid erosion to the direct margin
- Assistance to develop and distribute a price list into the market
- Participate in Operational Development team activities
- Various other tasks as assigned
- Ability to respond to customer needs and organizational guidelines
- Desire for personal and professional growth
- Computer use & knowledge. Ability to interact with customers
- Forklift operator experience
- High School diploma
- Related work experience
- 2 to 3 years of experience in bus or truck parts
- Employees in this position must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and heavier loads with assistance; the majority of time is spent standing and walking. You must have the ability to climb, bend, squat, reach, grasp and lift
- Must have the flexibility to work on call, 2nd, 3rd shifts, and weekends if necessary for an undetermined amount of time
- Able to tolerate local temperature extremes
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.