Intern: Credit and Customer Service (Spring 2020)
- Reviews credit submittal, D&B, credit bureau, Paynet, or other individual and commercial credit bureau reports for completeness
- Establishes customer files and performs necessary verifications of borrowers and guarantors (i.e. Secretary of State, debt history, trade history, bonding capacity, employment, and revenue sources) as required
- Underwrites transactions and articulates the strengths and weaknesses, as well as recommendation in verbal and written presentations
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities in the credit process
- Reviews temporary customer credit line increase requests and provide recommendation
- Participates in account management and resolution for delinquent customers
- Participates in process improvement projects as may be assigned
- Gains and grows industry expertise
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Observe and participate in incoming customer calls
- Develop relationships with National and Key Accounts
- Undertand NATS objectives and how these goals align with Volvo Group objectives
- New Customer Onboarding Support
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Reporting Enhancements (Qlikview, Excel, etc.)
- Key Account Procure to Pay Project Support
- Ariba Accounts Payable Queue
- Underwrite Credit Applications (Scorecard)
- P.O. Line Item Match
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar and in school full-time
- Must be pursuing their degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Have experience prioritizing work effectively, be an individual & team contributor and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fully proficient in reading, writing and speaking English, additional languages a plus
Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Collaborates: building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning: Actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Approximate duration: January 13th to May 8th
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.