Manager Electromobility - Energy Storage System
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with, and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customer and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
Powertrain Purchasing is a global organization within GTP representing a yearly purchased spend of 39 BSEK, the team is responsible for Electromobility / Combustion / Base engine / Casting & Forging / Vendor, Axles & Transmission areas.
Powertrain Europe being the Strategic steering line for Powertrain purchasing activities within GTP, we organize a strong collaboration within Powertrain teams spread across different sites/regions, and we are also the operational line responsible for Powertrain Europe business all along the Purchasing process (sourcing/projects/operations/revenue service parts). GTP Powertrain Europe team is responsible to drive end to end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
As Purchasing Manager for Energy Storage Systems (batteries), you drive and manage performance of your team from QDCF-TSR stand point. You will lead and manage project & commodity buyers in your area of scope, manage supplier relationship, cross functional collaboration, contribute to supplier negotiation & global segment strategies. You also promote a strong collaboration between buyers globally and thereby capitalizing on regional inputs towards segment strategies, negotiation tactics and leveraging other possible opportunities.
Reporting to Vice President Electromobility Purchasing.
- Be a member of the Electromobility Purchasing Leadership team and in an active way contribute to the development of the department
- Manage the overall supplier relationship
- Consolidate the battery segment strategies and manage supplier selection/relationship/ partnership and negotiation
- Secure cost targets and KPI fulfillment
- Drive department activities towards wanted position
- Give input to department purchasing business plan
- Secure needed communication with cross-functional teams
- Secure supplier involvement in project activities
- Manage purchasing QDCFTSR deliverables according to the contract
- Manage the development of his/her team
- Secure and manage resources within his/her area
- Responsible for budget & operating expenses
- Ensure collaboration with the other managers within the respective segment(s)
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- Manage interactions with Engineering and Operations to deliver the QDCFTSR
- Appoint supplier hosts within his/her area
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Strong Leadership skills
- Knowledgeable in current and future business trends, technology and markets
- Able to execute in a global matrix organization
- Face problems and act quickly and directly. Provide direct & actionable feedback
- Able to handle uncertainty and the unexpected
- Holds things together during tough times
- Take good decisions in line with internal stakeholders, with risks and opportunities and alternative solutions in mind
- Able to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- Able to build an effective team with a common objective and strong morale and spirit
- Represent his/her Purchasing area in cross-functional decision bodies
- Validates sourcing cases to be presented to the sourcing decision body
Julien Chabanne, Vice President Electromobility Group Trucks Purchasing, +46765538375
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.