Lead Materials Technology Engineer - Aluminium
Would you like to shape the future of transportation technology? Are you interested in development of cast and wrought aluminium for automotive components? Do you like to work with projects, planning, materials investigations and having an open dialogue with your stakeholders? Then you should join our team!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
At Volvo Materials Technology in Gothenburg we are a team of 35 highly qualified engineers. We support the development of Volvo’s products by using our specialist knowledge within all stages of product development. You will belong to the Cast Materials and New Technologies group. We are looking for a new colleague full of energy and ideas.
Materials Technology is organized within the section Verification, Testing and Materials Technology. We have a modern laboratory for metallographic analyses and advanced equipment for testing of material properties. We work for the whole Volvo Group and its brands.
To be successful in this role you need to enjoy working cross functionally, in teams but also on your own, taking initiatives to drive the assignments. You will lead and execute development projects, perform failure analyses and write engineering reports of high quality with analysis and recommendations for decisions. You are expected to take active part in continuous improvements of the laboratory, such as equipment responsibility and method development.
The position is based in Gothenburg. Travel may be needed occasionally.
WHO ARE YOU?
- We believe that you have a M.Sc. or Ph.D. in materials science
- You are analytical, i.e. use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- You have a strong drive to improve as well as the ability to capture customers’ needs
- Excellent collaboration and team work spirit with good communication skills is a must in this role
- An international and open mindset will help you to reach collaboration with colleagues, universities and institutes around the globe
- You also have to be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experience from gravity die casting, high pressure die casting, sand casting and/or forging is a merit
- Experience of development of cast aluminium components is an advantage
- We value the strength given by differences in background, knowledge, age, gender and nationality
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
If you have any questions, please get in touch:
Joachim Lindkvist, Acting group manager at Materials Technology, phone: +46 31 322 33 57
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.