Manager, Proprietary Products
The Manager, Proprietary Products lead the product management team responsible for creating and marketing the programs for both the Mack and Volvo aftermarket strategic proprietary parts. They will have ultimate responsibility to deliver on program objectives, achieve sales goals and have a strategic roadmap for the proprietary area as the market place evolves.
To lead the proprietary program and marketing efforts in order to achieve sales objectives through innovative strategies.
- Lead the Proprietary Product Management team with a focus on individual and team development while achieving immediate objectives and preparing for future demand and change
- Create a long-term marketing plan for the proprietary product which ensures time and resources are spent on high gain products and that we are prepared for future product launches will in advance
- Work cross-functionally with commodity product management team, Reman and proprietary product development, marketing/communications, brand management, purchasing and other departments as needed
- Manage proprietary content shared through all marketing efforts in order to keep internal stake holders, dealers and end customers informed, engaged and active in key focus areas
- Assign and follow-up on stretch activities within the team in order to stimulate growth and accomplish objectives,
- Prepare executive level reporting with a high level focus on products and activities that are critical to achieving objectives and long-term success of aftermarket area
- Interact with brands, supplier, industry experts and others in order to be the internal expert on the future trends and changes which will impact the proprietary parts market place
- Develop and deliver programs to transition from a “one part at a time transaction” to a cost per mile/total cost of ownership mind set
- Engage with service marketing in order to deliver programs for new trucks, leased vehicles and used trucks that meet customer demand and increase brand loyalty
- Manage the entire part life cycle in order to determine pricing strategy, introduction of secondary offers with the objective of maximizing market share and profitability
- Driving for Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Planning – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Building Effective Teams / Motivating – Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Managerial Courage – Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
- Strategic Mindset – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communication – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer Focus
- Directing Others
- Decision Quality
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management (or comparable)
- MBA preferred
- 5-7 Years Industry Experience
- Previous experience leading a team preferred
- Comfort with a fast paced, always-on global environment
- Up to 25% travel required
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks - recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On” – to builds durable and reliable, application-driven vehicles that get the job done. An iconic brand, Mack embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.