Advanced Supplier Quality Engineer Electrical/Electronics
Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA) and Mack brands Advanced Supplier Quality & Development Team North America have an exciting opportunity for an individual with high energy and a desire to apply and further develop their knowledge and skills related to Electrical & Electronic Components in the automotive and or the Heavy Duty Trucking industry in North America (NA). Volvo Group Advanced Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) is a part of a larger network of professionals within the Volvo Group North America Purchasing (GTP). This diverse and innovative organization supports quality and purchasing functions for Volvo Group, specifically, Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA) and Mack brands. SQ&D drives the global supplier base towards premium automotive quality standards and is responsible to secure the manufacturing capabilities, capacity and quality of our purchased parts through lean manufacturing and continuously improvement philosophies.
- Be an active member in SQ&D North America Purchasing team with responsibility and accountability for suppliers within your assigned components
- Provide Support and share your knowledge of quality, purchasing, and manufacturing experiences in Electrical & Electronic Components and/or Wiring for automotive and/or the heavy duty truck industry within VTNA
- Audit and develop Processes related to EE Components and/or Wiring for Volvo Group NA Suppliers
- Contribute to the SQ&D activities in accordance with defined strategies and targets
- Ensure that there is close interaction with suppliers, and work with cross functional teams to ensure common strategy is driven and communicated to the suppliers
- Strong collaboration with cross functional and diverse global teams for supplier evaluation of processes and technology to assure the best suppliers are selected for the projects
- Responsible and Accountable in assuring quality objectives are known to suppliers, PPAP, PPAP on time, APQP, Supplier Delivery Precision, and PPM/QPM (Quality Performance Measure)
- Actively support process harmonization and best practice sharing within GTP SQ&D
- Secure quality, capacity and cost targets and KPI fulfillment
- Assure quality requirements are transferred to the other departments through the quality plans
- Manage (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Features, Technology, Sustainability, Risk) targets of the supplier
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- Responsible to keep all part quality information accurate and updated in the Volvo Global Purchasing System
- Responsible to follow up preventive quality action programs when needed and follow up on corrective actions
- Assist and contribute during design reviews and manufacturing feasibility reviews with suppliers
- Generate and track product or process related deviations in order to support production until full approval and compliance can be obtained
- Review and assist in quality rejections that occur in the manufacturing environment as a result of supplier deficiencies
The ideal candidate will have the following Skills, Training and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering. Advanced Degree is a plus
- 0 to 3 years of Industry experience in Automotive, Heavy Truck, Agriculture or other industry experience
- Experience or knowledge of Electrical and Electronic Components and/or Technologies such as Switches, Sensors, Electric Motors, Wiring and Electronic Control Modules
- Experience working with the following Manufacturing Processes will be helpful: Surface Mount Technology (SMT), Printed Circuit Boards (PCB's), Soldering Processes, In Circuit Testing (ICT) and End of Line Testing (EOL)
- Knowledge and/or experience of the APQP Process from start to finish and experience creating, updating and maintaining APQP timing charts
- Knowledge of Process FMEA's (PFMEA's), Control Plans (CP's) and Statistical Process Controls (SPC)
- Knowledge of Design FMEA (DFMEA) and Design Verification Plans (DVP&R)
- Knowledge of ISO/TS Standards
- Design for Six Signa (DFSS) and/or Kepner Trego training or certification is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing audits and audit processes/techniques is highly desirable
- Must be willing to travel frequently and on short notice
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.