The Customer Support and Training Department for Volvo Penta Region Americas (VPA)—headquartered in Chesapeake, Virginia—is responsible for technical support, warranty administration, training, and consumer relations for gasoline and diesel engine products for OEMs, power centers, boat dealers and end users. Distribution of technical information, authorization of major warranty repairs, claim and registration processing, and resolution of end user issues are the major functions of this department.
We are now looking for a Technical Specialist to join our amazing team!
What is the job?
In this role you will be responsible for responding to requests for information and technical advice from VPA dealers, OEMs, customers, and internal VPA personnel regarding application, troubleshooting and repair of Volvo Penta engines and transmissions via telephone, fax or electronic communication. You will also analyze information provided by VPA dealers, and create appropriate warranty authorizations and related documentation.
Some of your core responsibilities will also include:
- Advising and assisting dealers and VPA personnel as to correct VPA Warranty policy and procedures in addition to assisting the Warranty department with claims requiring pre-authorization
- Maintaining a complete record of dealer and OEM interaction in the ARGUS database
- Maintaining knowledge and staying up-to-date regarding the complete Volvo Penta product line and all applicable electronic diagnostic tools
- Seeking and obtaining training and information on new Volvo Penta products
- Assisting new hires within the Technical Services department
- Promoting the use of Volvo Penta Partner Network (VPPN)
- Assisting Customer Relations representatives with customer inquiries
If you have the skills we’re looking for, we might have an opportunity for you!
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Expert level knowledge of troubleshooting and repair of gasoline and/or marine diesel or industrial power products
- In-depth knowledge of retail Marine and/or Industrial service trade practices and activities via direct experience or extensive dealer interaction
- Strong administrative and general business skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Knowledge of primary PC based and/or electronic diagnostic troubleshooting equipment in use
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
This position requires the following:
- Associates degree or 2 year technical certification/degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum (4) four years Marine, Automotive or Industrial retail or wholesale technical experience preferred
- Previous customer service/technical face-to-face and/or call center experience preferred
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become Technical Specialist with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.