BAC +5 // Internship (h/f) Data scientist trainee
We are looking for an internship candidate who wants to take parts of supply chain data optimization through data analysis. Worldwide truck dealers data, vehicle data, system setup are our leverages to add value to the aftermarket business.
You will work at Group Trucks Operations (GTO), Service Market Logistics (SML), in charge of the aftermarket supply chain activities. Inside the Supply Chain Optimization (SCO), the mission of the Advanced Analytics team is to provide expertise in supply chain optimization. We are composed of Data Scientist, data engineer and technology / business expert.
We would like the trainee to provide an advanced support on analytics tools as well as an active contribution to our exploration portfolio:
- Improve supply chain Total Cost model
- Analyze suggested change or propose own change of the current model.
- Develop changes.
- Document according to the changes provided.
- Continue the automation of the tool process
- Build automatic reports from the results : chose technology, develop, test
- Improve processing time of the 2D combinatorial optimizer.
- Smooth optimization results to remove noise (“waterfallize”).
- Create optimizer for others parameters of the supply chain system
- Migrate the tool into Microsoft Azure - databricks
- Take part of the department exploration journey by leading / participation in one of our exploration project :
- Machine Learning workshop, deep learning, neural network
- Advanced Software Robotic Automation
- Connected vehicle project
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Optimization knowledge
- Python programming language and pandas, pyfpdf, scikit learn… libraries
- Innovative mindset
- Ability to propose new things
- Supply chain understanding is a plus
- Big data business
- Advanced analytics problems
- Artificial Intelligence quest
- Data analysts and scientists as colleagues
- Company cantina with baby-foot
Start of the internship: ASAP
Duration: 4 to 6 months.
Based at Venissieux, France
Please candidate in English and provide date of start wished, and duration.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.