Senior UX Designer Volvo CE
Are you passionate about imagining and influencing the future through design? Do you want to be in the forefront of the transportation industry creating new digital interfaces for our customers? If so, Volvo Construction Equipment is the place to be.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Volvo Construction Equipment is the design leader in its industry. We have built a strong brand and reputation through decades of innovation in technology and design, staying true to our human centric approach and delivering value to customers.
Our design team is located in Gothenburg, Sweden, working in a truly global manner, collaborating with development teams across sites in the Americas, Asia and Europe. We are passionate about translating business requirements and user needs into meaningful and desirable commercial solutions. We constantly strive to increase innovation and efficiency through collaboration.
The Senior UX Designer role works cross functionally with colleagues to understand user cases and critical touch points in order to deliver meaningful new user interfaces, both onboard and offboard. You will work primarily with Service Designers, UX Designers and Front End Developers on global machine ranges for Volvo Construction Equipment, in line with the Brand’s strategies, in cutting edge areas such as electromobility, automation and connectivity. A holistic understanding of social and human behavior future needs and Brand Design strategies is a must.
WHO ARE YOU?
- 5+ years’ documented experience in interaction or design related creative environments (experience from automotive industry is a merit)
- Degree in Interaction Design, or related design science discipline
- Knowledge of interaction design patterns and its application within a variety of contexts (vehicle, mobile, web, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge and experience driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers and stakeholders
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Invision, Flinto, etc
- Proficient in Agile (SAFE) methodologies and Scrum
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Peer relationships
- Integrity and trust
- Learning on the fly
In this position you will work directly with Chief UX Designer, reporting to the Design Director Volvo CE, and be located in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will also be part of Volvo Group Product Design.
If you are ready for the next step in your development and recognize yourself in this description, we look forward to receiving your application.
All applications must contain a CV and Portfolio (should not exceed 15MB)
Please send your portfolio to:
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.