Nova Bus, a member of the Volvo Group, is currently looking for a Logistics Director to complete its team of seasoned managers.
WHAT IS EXPECTED
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations Nova Bus, you will be responsible for logistics, transportation and inventory control for Nova Bus sites. In a role that is both strategic and tactical in linking and optimizing production and logistics activities, You will contribute to the development of the company by efficiently managing the human, financial and physical resources of your sector with a team of managers, professionals and unionized employees in our facilities in Nova Bus.
- Lead reporting teams to reach targets in terms of schedules, quality and costs
- Review, improve and maintain parts supply processes for the plants
- Oversee the improvement and upkeep of processes to supply material to assembly lines
- Lead colleagues and demonstrate rigor in action by applying elements of the Volvo Way
- Act as ambassador to the team for workplace health and safety prevention programs and contribute to developing a risk-free working environment
- Manage and oversee the development of the reporting team
- Determine strategic action plans to reach production, lead-time, quality and cost objectives
- Work in collaboration with purchasing and supplier quality to ensure a strong and reliable supply chain
- Proactively manage suppliers
- Target cost reductions by working closely with technical teams
- Determine and approve indicators, and control results for the sector or projects under their responsibility. Correct course as needed
- Represent Nova Bus in advancing VLNA projects (cost reductions, lead-time reductions, resolution of technical problems)
- Prepare and manage the department budget
YOUR ADVANTAGES :
- Key position in our different factories
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Stimulating for those looking for challenges!
- Innovative and forward-looking team
WHAT YOU NEED :
- BA, BS degree in technical or engineering;
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in management, including 5 years in logistics management or large-scale project management
- Rigor and stimulating leadership
- Multi-site logistics management
- In-depth understanding of lean manufacturing
- Knowledge of problem-solving methods and proficiency in application
- Dealing with the daily pressure of a continuous-flow production line
- Technical and financial understanding
- Strong focus on results
- Proficiency operating in technical and operational circles
- Drive, independence, comprehensive vision and analytical mind
- Availability to travel between the sites
- Customer focus
- Effective team-building
- Ethics and values
- Managerial courage
- Planning, organizing, directing others
- Bilingualism (English/French)
You will be required to travel regularly between the various Nova Bus operation sites (Saint-Eustache, Saint-François du Lac and Plattsburgh) as well as occasionally at other Volvo Group sites.
Send your resume to email@example.com
Or Apply online with the link bellow.
To see the many career opportunities we offer, visit www.novabus.com
Nova Bus: bring your city to life
Performance | Trust | Customer success | Change | Passion
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.