- Previous work within supply chain or internal manufacturing logistics
- Previous exposure to automotive manufacturing or an industrial environment is important and highly considered.
- Understanding and exposure to lean manufacturing principles
- Experience with working in cross functional teams
- AutoCAD (or other modeling software)(Not a requirement, but some experience with drafting or modeling would be helpful in this role.)
- Supervisory experience
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
Responsible to lead, develop, plan and execute Logistics Engineering and Logistics Preparation using world-class internal material handling practices.
- Design and implement the complete internal logistic flow from the receiving dock to the line
- Define manpower and equipment requirement, taking into consideration the cost reduction and productivity targets for logistics
- Design and implement the logistic areas’ layouts according to the plant master plan
- Participate in and/or lead Kaizen events to improve operations, reduce costs, and maximize productivity through the Value Stream Mapping methodology
- Support the implementation of the VPS (Continuous Improvement) Logistics Pillar using the Volvo Operations Concept
- Expert and/or Key User in VPS (Continuous Improvement) tools
- Bring innovation and creativity to the logistics processes
- Work closely with Materials Business Team Leaders and Supervisors to ensure good communication between engineering and the shop floor
- Ownership Accountability: Take the lead in getting the job done and accept responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results
- Teamwork: Build cooperation among individuals and departments, share information and resources, and work to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Lean Concept Advocate: Implement Lean Manufacturing & Flow values; Foster the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Creativity/Innovation: Re-frame traditional patterns of thinking; Apply new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- Attention to Details: Monitor adherence to standards; Actively check for accuracy of data received or generated
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Take a well-ordered approach to solving problems; Act despite obstacles or resistance
Bachelor degree in Engineering and 2 years’ experience in the Manufacturing, Engineering or Logistics environment
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.