The main purpose of the job is to provide detailed controlling activities to drive efficiencies and eliminate waste in the operations and be responsible for supporting operational management teams by analysing financial performance, actively participating in business decisions and strategy development.
Reporting: This position reports to the Manager : Business Control (GTO IM Pretoria)
- Perform analysis of actual financial results and KPI’s to understand financial performance and risks.
- In the closing process, supporting the Bsuiness Unit with required business information to enable timely and accurate period closings.
- Participate in the setting of financial targets and business challenges.
- Drive, manage and develop local estimation process.
- Proactively and objectively analyse and describe the financial consequences and risks of business decisions.
- Working capital optimisation.
- Drive and monitor cash-flow performance.
- Performance and risk management within the respective area of responsibility.
- Drive and coordinate the investment process.
- Develop and measure financial KPI’s and drive actions to improve the business.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand complete supply chain and how specific events impacts on cost development.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of SYSPRO
- Experience in implementation of lean principles / VPS and process orientation(advantegous)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, Interpersonal, Networking and presentation skills
- Proven Problem solving and deviation handling skill
- Project management skills
- Proven MS Office skills (especially Advanced MS Excel) as well as acumen for new systems and IT applications.
- Must be flexible, diligent and have a high attention to detail
- Positive attitude, goal oriented, flexible and self-driven
- Genuine business acumen interest & ability to communicate and work with persons of different levels.
This position has been identified as an Affirmative Action appointment in line with Volvo Group Employment Equity Plan.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.