Responsible for pre-setting tools, reordering of broken or worn out tools, and maintenance of tool crib; assisting supervisor in changeover of machine or cell, and making adjustments of machine/tools.
- Punctuality and daily attendance
- Responsible for providing complete inventory of fixtures, perishable and non-perishable tooling ready for process implementation while maintaining no productivity loss
- Shall support machine tools as adjustments and changeover are required
- Shall issue work direction to production employees as assigned in supervisor’s absence
- Maintain tooling inventory
- Presetting tools
- Make available complete backup tooling
- Repair, replace, or adjust tooling taken out of machine
- Set-up new/move operations in order to be considered for PG6
- Make offset changes to be considered for PG5
- Machine reinitialization upon following:
- Tool breakage
- Operator cycle interruption
- Power failure
- Operator missequencing
- Basic machine maintenance
- Assist support groups
- Monitor and clean coolant system
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Housekeeping of areas other than immediate work station
- Performs other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta goals and objectives
- Capable of performing all responsibilities in department
- Ability to train other team members
- Knowledge and ability to program machines
- Basic computer skills required
- Minimum of two years machining experience
- Capable of reading engineering drawings and specifications and the ability to follow instruction for these drawings
- Must be able to perform repetitive bending and lifting
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.