Intern: Recruitment (Spring 2020)
This position is responsible for coordinating activities within the recruitment function in HR. This position requires a very strong attention to detail, high level of customer focus, a motivation to meet deadlines, and ability to approach issues with a sense of urgency. Project/time management, decision-making, teamwork and facilitation skills are required.
The internship position begins the Spring of 2020 and the specific work days and hours will be flexible, but agreed upon with the hiring manager. Ideal candidate will be available to work 20 - 29 hours per week.
Exceptional performance during this internship will lead to the intern being considered to continue in this role for the 2020 Summer internship program.
- Assist with administrative aspect of the recruitment process including, but not limited to: interview scheduling, offer letters, coordination of pre-employment requirement, and onboarding assistance
- Work with hiring managers, recruiters, and contacts within our HR service center to select candidates, post jobs, and other tasks related to the recruitment and selection processes
- Compile data reports
- Other tasks as assigned
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration, or a related field, at an accredited school and must have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Applicant should be interested in pursuing a professional career in Human Resources
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Effective professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer Oriented
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Human Resources contributes to realizing the vision of Volvo Group by driving the development of a global team of high performing people. The Volvo Group University, which delivers training and development and HR Services, that deliver HR administration and support are also part of the Group HR organization. With Volvo Group HR you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.