Senior Engineer Certification
1.1.Education, Experience, Knowledge and SkillsMechanical Engineering Graduate/Post Graduate
- 8-9 years’ experience in the certification domain
- Experience in handling certification of commercial vehicles preferred
- Good knowledge of components and vehicles of the Trucks range
- Capability to manage and guide risk analysis based on your practical engineering experience.
- Strong Knowledge / Experience of different country regulations & its interpretation / certification practices such as ECE, ADR, GSO, AIS/IS etc.
- Strategic Thinking
- Action Oriented
- Network builder/management
- Priority setting
- Experience in cross functional management
- Strong demonstrated self- managed learning
- Organized and structured
- Compile & Update your knowledge on Global Regulatory requirements for applicable markets
- Study, analyze & support design application engineers in interpreting regulation
- Work in a cross functional mode with all other line organizations within Group Trucks Technology (GTT) & Group Trucks Asia & JV’s to support & secure Quality, Delivery, Cost, Features (QDCF)
- Work to secure certification deliveries; complying legal requirements through continuous & close coordination with design teams throughout the project phase to secure utmost product quality & reduced lead time to market.
- Support this activity with your key competences of analytical skills, logical reasoning, interpretation of regulations & knowledge on certification practices.
- Risk management will be a key activity during the development phase to ensure both quality and time to market to fit customer needs and unique commercial selling points.
- Periodic monitoring & close coordination with the testing team to secure precertification & Certification tests are performed as per the scheduled time plan.
- Provide feedback to the respective project /Design groups & prepare homologation documentations
- Be responsible to verify component /System/Vehicle test reports/Certificates & ensure they are inconsistent with the data as declared in homologation documents
- Represent/manage certification activities during certification witness tests
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Emerging markets already make up 65% of world truck sales and this is also where the biggest growth potential is. Today, emerging markets make up the lion share of world truck sales measured in volume of medium duty and heavy duty trucks sold, mainly in low-cost (China, India) and value segments (South-East Asia, Eastern Europe). The main task for the Group Trucks Asia & JVs is to seize this opportunity for profitable growth. We do this to capture growth in Asia, both by establishing a separate value chain with the right cost structure for our UD value truck offer and by working even closer together with our partners in Dongfeng Commercial Vehicles and Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles. The Group Trucks Asia & JVs will have its own resources for R&D, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Sales.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.