Global Commodity Manager Electronics, Infotainment & Automation
What is our offer?
This is a strategic role in a fast-moving environment and a great opportunity to take responsibility for our future, both for that of Volvo Construction Equipment and for the industry as a whole.
Since we see this role as a key to the success of our development towards future construction solutions, you will be very near our core business, taking important decisions and having accountability.
Who are we, your new colleagues?
You will belong to the Purchasing organization at Volvo Construction Equipment (400p), within Global Sourcing Electronics, Automation and Connected Services department.
We are a global team, newly established, with the tasks to source new suppliers/partners, secure the introduction of innovative solutions and at same time ensure business continuity of existing ones.
Being part of a diverse and multi-cultural team, you will get challenges and opportunities, and be involved in global tasks.
What will you do as Global Commodity Manager?
Electronics is a key enabler for new vehicle functionalities, and while the content is raising, new type of products are flourishing with much more computing power and intelligence embedded.
In this context, we are looking for an experimented person capable to define new sourcing strategies, both short and long term, manage a global supplier base, and be a source of innovative technical solutions for New Developments.
Define Global Sourcing Strategies for the Electronics, Infotainment and Automation commodity
- Source and on-board new suppliers in line with Volvo CE New Product Development Plans (Convergence between supplier base and product roadmaps)
- Be responsible for supplier selection process (inputs gathering and stakeholders alignment)
- Perform Market survey/Business Intelligence to maintain a good knowledge of potential evolutions within the commodity (new players, M&As, new technologies, etc.)
- Strong involvement in Advanced Engineering and Early supplier integration
- In collaboration with Project Buyer, give Purchasing inputs to the Project in Concept Study Phase
- Monitor overall QDC Performance of the commodity and drive improvement actions when required
- Coordinate a cross-functional network (Engineers, SD, Buyers), ensure good communication and knowledge sharing, and be the Purchasing representative in Global Forums related to the Commodity
- Organize and drive annual Business Review Meetings with suppliers top management
- Negotiate Framework, QDC and Development agreements
- Support Operations and Aftermarket according to escalation process, especially when it comes to components allocation and obsolescence with a risk of supply disruption
- Support Project buyer(s) in New Product Development phase
Since this role is a key role in our organization, it is important that you have the ability to lead and are not afraid of taking on responsibility. You should be a strong network coordinator; target oriented and have the ambition to deliver according to commitments.
We also imagine that you can work autonomously and you are well organized. Since you will be managing multiple projects, collaborating with internal and external contacts in a multicultural environment, you need to have good collaboration and communication skills.
Key competences for the role:
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Purchasing Experience in Commercial vehicles, or other related industries
- 10 years of working experience, with minimum 5 years dealing with Electronics Products in general (ECUs, Displays, sensors, HMI, etc.)
- Knowledge in Software is an asset
- Clear understanding and vision of market trends
- Strong knowledge of Global Sourcing Processes
- Capable to work with conventional suppliers and at same time invent disruptive ways of collaborating with new partners
- Willingness to evolve/develop in a highly technological scope
- Fluent in English verbal and written communication
- Proven negotiation and strong leadership skills
Are you ready for the challenge ? Are you passionate by new technologies and the development of future solutions for the construction equipment industry ? Then you could be exactly what we are looking for. Apply today and join us on our journey.
Are you having questions ? Or curious to hear more about this opportunity ? Call me !
Romain Ferrand, Director Global Sourcing, Electronics, Automation & Connected Services
TEL +33 6 89 87 81 11
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Construction Equipment, one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the construction industry under the brands Volvo, SDLG and Terex Trucks, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Volvo Construction Equipment est une entreprise internationale animée par la passion, la curiosité et un objectif : construire le monde dans lequel nous voulons vivre. Selon nous, seuls l'imagination et le travail d'équipe peuvent nous permettre de construire un monde plus propre, plus intelligent et mieux connecté. La culture de notre entreprise reflète cette conviction avec le soin et la confiance qu'elle porte à nos clients, employés et fournisseurs. Les personnes sont au cœur de notre activité. C'est en nous appuyant sur notre solide réseau de personnes talentueuses, curieuses et innovantes que nous continuons d'ouvrir la voie vers un futur plus durable. Notre champ d'action : le secteur de la construction partout dans le monde. Notre actif le plus important : nos employés.
C'est uniquement grâce à ce personnel tourné vers demain que nous pouvons préserver notre position de leader sur le marché. Rejoignez notre équipe et aidez-nous à construire le monde de demain.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.