Lead System Design Engineer
Powertrain Engineering is contributing to Volvo Group’s competitive position in the market place by developing and maintaining profitable products and product components in terms of quality, delivery, cost and function and that comply with all applicable regulatory requirements. Our scope of work includes engineering and design of engines, drivelines and electro-mobility systems.
Curitiba Powertrain Engineering site is responsible for the heavy-duty and medium-duty applications in South America and we perform platform development in close collaboration with the engineering centers in Sweden, France, Japan and US.
Electrical and Electronics team, in Powertrain Engineering Curitiba, is looking for a System Design Engineer for embedded software applications.
Position Description: System Design Engineer
We are seeking a motivated and qualified engineer who wants a challenging career opportunity in Powertrain Engineering as System Design Engineer.
In this position you will be mostly engaged in quality related activities, guiding solutions development for heavy duty and medium duty powertrain electronic systems. You will be the main interface with different stakeholders (production plants, suppliers, quality, project teams and other engineering departments).
You will also be requested to lead the technical development in specific projects aiming to enhance products by delivering solutions coping with quality, deliveries, cost and features (QDCF) requisites.
Other main activities will include:
- Performing quality investigations related to powertrain software / electronic systems and lead their solution.
- Leading technical development projects within Electrical and Electronics area and other SW development areas handling its scope and deliveries, setting direction, defining and maintaining project plans, time plans and project costs.
- Interfacing with a number of stakeholders (Operations, Purchasing, SW development teams, Product owners and other engineering and management teams), enabling proactive and constructive co-operation.
- Actively work with documentation tools, updating product structure and software roadmaps.
- Being knowledgeable in medium/heavy duty powertrains software structure and documentation, becoming the person other areas will always refer to when required.
- Being an active community member and contribute with process teams.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Engineering degree Electrical, Mechatronics or equivalent.
- Previous professional experience in the automotive product development field, particularly in automotive embedded systems and electronic architecture.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (Written and Verbal)
- Strong drive and energy level with courage to implement changes when needed;
Ability to create commitment and give direction as well as set and follow up clear objectives;
- Communicative and with good influencing skills
- As a team member of the Powertrain Engineering you are expected to enjoy working in teams as well as on your own, take responsibility, be creative and pro-active, have strong customer focus and share knowledge. You should have a drive to develop yourself as a professional and accept new challenges in our dynamic environment. An open multi-cultural mind-set is required.
- To be a successful candidate, besides strong technical skills, you also need to enjoy interacting with people of different backgrounds and organizational belongings and as well you must realize the importance of customers, production, and quality requirements within product development.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.