Business Intelligence Analyst - Placement Year June 2020
Job title: Business Intelligence Analyst - Intern
Department: Finance and IT
Location: Wedgnock Lane – Warwick – CV34 5YA
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary: £16,500, 25 days holiday, gym discount, free parking, shopping and travel discounts, social club, volunteering day
- Studying for a Business Intelligence or IT degree
- 2 years completed – placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is a global company and in the UK employs over 90 people. We provide financial services to the truck, bus and coach and construction brands at Volvo. With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect for the individual.
About the role:
This internship is a Business Intelligence Analyst role, to assist in the continuous improvement of our reports and reporting tools. Work will be focused primarily on projects and support activities, with a strong focus on creating reports for the New Business team, analysing data in Excel and presenting it in a user friendly format.
- Assist in development of internal business reports:
- Gathering detailed business requirements
- Designing adhoc reports to meet requirements
- Review and test operation of reporting solutions and update as required
- Documentation of process and training of local business on output
EMEA Data Warehouse Transition Project
- Feed into a specific business transformation project ongoing across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region to move onto a new common data storage and reporting environment
- Will involve migration of existing reports from the current system, as well as integration with the individual business teams in order to understand, specify, write and test new reporting requirements to improve business analysis capabilities as required
- Will work with a European team as part of the wider Digital Solutions and IT project to assist in successful delivery
The successful candidate will be supported in their development in this role by the existing team leaders and their line manager.
Competencies, skills and knowledge required:
- Experience of understanding requirements and creating reports by manipulating data.
- High level of data manipulation skills in Excel are essential, in addition experience of SQL and or Qlikview/BOXI is desirable but not essential
- Skilled in problem solving and proactive resolution of tasks
- Ability to manage to deadlines and prioritise daily workload
- Strong analytical skills as well as holistic thinking and an appetite to learn new skills
- High level of accuracy and reliability
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.