Business Intelligence Analyst - Placement
Job title: Business Intelligence Analyst - Intern
Department: Finance and Accounting
Location: Wedgnock Lane – Warwick – CV34 5YA
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary: £16,500, 25 days holiday, gym discount, free parking, shopping and travel discounts, social club, volunteering day
Current degree requirements:
- Studying for a related business & IT degree
- 2 years completed – placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is a global company and in the UK employs over 90 people. We provide financial services to the truck, bus and coach, construction, aero and marine companies within Volvo. With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect for the individual to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales.
About the role:
This internship is a Business Intelligence Analyst role, acting as a conduit between the multiple functions to assist in the continuous improvement of our bespoke reporting environments. Throughout the duration of the internship, work will be focused primarily on projects and support activities, with a strong element of involvement with data reporting to support the new business team which will build your wider commercial knowledge. The successful candidate will most likely be studying a Business and IT related degree, with an ability to apply a commercial focus to key system applications and in-house development activities.
- Assist in development of internal business reports:
- Gathering detailed business requirements
- Designing bespoke solution to meet requirements
- Assist in the development and provision of reporting output
- Review and test operation of reporting solutions and update as required
- Documentation of process and training of local business on output
- On wider basis, feed into the global VFS team in testing region-wide solution delivery
- Develop awareness of in-house testing processes for bespoke/semi-bespoke systems
- Build an understanding of what goes into a robust testing and documentation process
EMEA Data Warehouse Transition Project
- Feed into a specific business transformation project ongoing across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region to move onto a new common data storage and reporting environment
- Will involve migration of existing reports from the current system, as well as integration with the individual business teams in order to understand, specify, write and test new reporting requirements to improve business analysis capabilities as required
- Will work with a European team as part of the wider Digital Solutions and IT project to assist in successful delivery
The successful candidate will be supported in their development in this role by the existing team leaders and their line manager.
In addition to the core elements, this new role will also support the wider remit of the Volvo Financial Services team, with a range of tasks to support team deliverables & providing a broader placement experience for the successful applicant.
Competencies, skills and knowledge required:
- Experience of gathering requirements and creating reports by manipulating data.
- High level of data manipulation skills in Excel are essential, in addition experience of SQL and or Qlikview/BOXI is desirable but not essential
- Skilled in problem solving and proactive resolution of tasks
- Ability to manage to deadlines and prioritise daily workload
- Strong analytical skills as well as holistic thinking and an appetite to learn new skills
- High level of accuracy and reliability
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.