Credit Analyst - Placement
Placement opportunity: 22nd June 2020 – 3rd July 2021
Job title: Credit Analyst - Intern
Department: Finance and Accounting
Location: Wedgnock Lane – Warwick – CV34 5YA
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary and benefits: £16,500, 25 days holiday, gym discount, free parking, shopping and travel discounts, social club, volunteering day
Current degree requirements:
- Studying for Finance / Accounting degree or related business degree.
- 2 years completed – placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is a global company and in the UK employs over 90 people. We provide financial services to the truck, bus and coach, construction, aero and marine companies within Volvo. With Volvo Financial Services, you will be part of a global and diverse team providing expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales.
Credit operates within the Credit, Risk & Operations Team at Volvo Financial Services UK.
The Credit Team are responsible for the investigation and analysis of finance applications in order to provide balanced, informed and reasoned commercial decisions. Credit sits at the forefront of the asset purchase process. Through detailed analysis and due diligence, Analysts provide responsible underwriting decisions to our Commercial colleagues to allow customers to fund their chosen asset purchase.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity within our department where the successful candidate will be able to contribute to the team and make a real change. The role reports directly to the Retail Credit Manager where there is opportunity to provide a new perspective on day-to-day duties within the team.
Working on various projects, you will get to learn about different areas of the department, which will give you a sound and broad understanding for your time after University.
In essence, the key projects being:
- To support and review the introduction of an automated credit decision engine
- To analyse the UK and Ireland portfolios to drive future underwriting strategy
- To review existing Credit processes with a view to improve department efficiencies, primarily Credit decision turnaround times
In addition to the core project, the role will also include other activities, which include:
- Analyse and interpret standard commercial credit applications and verification of credit data consistency
- General assistance to other members of the Credit team as required, in particular with actions relating to Credit and Risk
- Knowledge of financial services and related products
- Good analytical skills in relation to financial and company information
- Strong decision making skills
- Thorough with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to negotiate with internal customers
- High level of IT application skills including Excel
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.