Executive Assistant to Business Head - Volvo Buses South Asia
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant - VBI
REPORTS TO: VP & Business Head – Volvo Buses South Asia
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Volvo Buses India – Business Office
The Executive Assistant is responsible for directing all of the administrative functions of the organization in accordance with industry and regulatory standards while supporting company objectives and policies. Should be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse programs. Should have the ability to interact in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
· Oversee all aspects of general office administration, Maintain MD's calendar to co-ordinate workflow of meetings, maintain confidentiality in all aspects, interact with clients, and visitors pertaining to MD office, handle travel arrangements of MD, open sort and distribute incoming correspondences, including fax and mails, prepare response to correspondences requiring urgent action in case of absence of MD with co-ordinating with relevant people involved, file and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports of MD office, set up and co-ordinate meetings and conferences.
· Send out calendar invite for the Management Committee Meeting and Operational Board Meeting to Management Committee Members, send out agenda for the meeting, compile transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings, fix up meetings with vendors and outside customers depending on MD availability, follow up meetings with MD on the actions requiring urgent attention
· Visitors from Sweden - Handling frequent visitors from Sweden, providing them with invitation letter for visa, booking hotel and transports and arranging conferences, co-ordination with travel agents on their air ticket confirmation to next destination and request
· Check with the Supervisor what time he would like to start his meetings, check on the location and informing the parties accordingly on the meeting via calendar. Strong calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings. Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
· Responsible for Business Head’s travel both domestic as well as international. Checking the flight schedule, providing him with a travel folder consisting of tickets, boarding passes, hotel accommodation, car booking details and meeting details as far as domestic travel is concerned. International travel to be equipped with boss schedule changes in terms of flight, interacting with head office in Sweden for hotel booking and airport transfers, arranging meetings at headquarters in fixing appointment through calendar, obtaining visa for Supervisor for his travel to different places, co-ordination with travel agency and embassy in speeding up visa process. Special co-ordination with the Indian Embassy in Sweden if the Expats visa is held up and not processed in the required time.
Required skills, experience and competencies:
- Graduate with 10 plus years of experience
- Good communication skills,
- Inter-personal skills, Shorthand, computer skills,
- Problem solving skills,
- Time management skills
Authorities : Nil
Organization Structure : Managing Director – VBI > Executive Assistant – MD Office
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.