Brake system function owner
The brake system in a heavy truck is mainly a electronically controlled pneumatic system. Our brake system is bought from a system supplier on specification but some functionality is developed internally. We are now looking for a highly motivated engineer to strengthen our team in the brake system area.
With the future of electric vehicles in mind we want to strengthen our team in the e-mobility area with focus on the braking system End User Functions, e.g. auxiliary braking and brake blending. Our group is also highly involved in the development towards autonomous vehicles where one of the challenges is to ensure fail-operational capabilities of the vehicle dynamics control systems. This includes development of a Vehicle Motion Management with redundancy capability for the safety related control systems of braking and steering.
As Function Owner you are responsible to safe guard your functions from the “cradle to the grave” which means that you will be involved with maintenance of existing functions and systems as well as defining future functions and systems.
You will be responsible for the long term vision for the End User Functions, customer needs and wanted system behavior and join our multinational team of research and development engineers. You will also be responsible for the End User Function in all lifecycle phases, for all brands, variants, and relevant use cases.
Depending on your profile, your work will include one or more of the following parts:
- Act as responsible for one or more functions related to braking or vehicle stability
- Act as the requirement owner for the End User Function
- Organize/participate in technical discussions with supplier
- Test, tune and document each function parameters, for each variant
- Develop brake and traction functions in research or product development projects
- Perform experimental tests in vehicles
- Participate in validation planning and follow up
- Perform safety and quality work related to the End User Function
- Carrying out tests in both virtual and real environments
- Trouble shooting and support to the aftersales and production plants
- You have a master degree in M.Sc. in Mechatronics, Control engineering, Electronics or similar.
- Good knowledge in Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Control engineering, Vehicle dynamics, System modelling, Functional requirements and Electronics
- Good understanding of system development of embedded real time systems
- Experience with development according to ISO26262
- Interest in new technologies such as electromobility and automation
- Communication and presenting skills both in text and verbally
- Sense of responsibility
- Business and customer oriented
- Experience of working within the SAFe setup
Since we often face mechanical challenges, it would be beneficial that you like mechanical problem solving. Knowledge in Volvo Tools and way of working and C-driving license are advantages.
As a person you are driven, innovative and you have a passion for problem solving. You are open-minded and outgoing. You enjoy team work but at the same time you are able to work independently and drive development on your own. You most likely have a genuine interest in the automotive industry.
For more information please contact
Anders Ivarsson, Group manager Braking & Vehicle Dynamics Control Systems, +46 31 3226143
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.