GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts delivered to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and are committed to customer and Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
IPS Purchasing is a global organization within GTP representing a yearly purchased spend of 35 BSEK; the team is responsible for Investments, IT, Professional Service & Travel, Product & Operation Services.
IPS Europe being the Strategic steering line for all IPS Purchasing activities within GTP, we organize a strong collaboration within IPS teams spread across different sites/regions, and we are also the operational line responsible for IPS Europe business all along the Purchasing process. GTP IPS Europe team is responsible to drive end to end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
We are now looking for a Project Buyer located in Blainville sur Orne OR Lyon. The main responsibility will be to manage the day-to-day investment business for mainly Blainville, but also other French sites, including smaller investment projects.
You will be part of a regional team, working within the area of Production Equipment Investments for Cab & Vehicle and Industrial trucks. The majority of our stakeholders are located in Sweden, Belgium & France but we also have the global, strategic responsibility for the investment purchasing. Our main stakeholders are Group Trucks Operations – Europe and Brazil Manufacturing, Powertrain and Arquus
We value a high level of energy, a positive spirit and openness for handling the changing environment that we face.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with internal cross functional stakeholders
- Advise stakeholders on procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle
- Drive improvements in purchasing processes and stakeholder behavior
- Analyze and optimize the supplier base for your area of responsibility
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with our suppliers
- Drive sourcing activities for investment projects in production equipment, according to defined strategies and frameworks
- Lead supplier negotiations
- Master’s degree Engineering and/or Business Administration or equivalent
- Purchasing/negotiation experience is an advantage
- High energy and passion for performance
- Positive spirit
- Good networking skills
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid commercial skills
- Project management understanding
- Holistic view and ability to be pragmatic
- Communication skills: excellent written and verbal communication
- Presentation Skills: Ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
- Fluent in French
- Fully proficient in English
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.