Traction Control For Off-Road Hybrid of Fully Electric Vehicles
Volvo Construction Equipment, a division of Volvo Group, is one of the world's largest manufacturers of construction equipment such as wheel loaders, haulers, excavators, road machinery, and compact machines. To maintain a leading position, it is important to develop innovative products with high quality and with low fuel consumption.
Volvo CE, as part of the Volvo Group, has started to investigate further more the hybrid technology as possible solution to reach a high level of efficiency and quality on its off-road vehicles.
Candidates should be in the final year of their Master’s studies. Candidates are expected to have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mechatronics, Vehicular System or other relevant technical field of study
- Knowledge of Control and optimization theory
- Experience and interest in automotive applications is valuable
- Own drive, open mind and ability to analyze
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
This Master Thesis Work will be conducted in conjunction with an ongoing research project. The main objectives of this project are:
- To improve machine speed controllability
- To improve machine performance when the anti-slip function is active
- To get the right characteristic behavior of the driveline for three different applications: Large Wheel Loader, Articulated Haulers and Compact Wheel Loader or Wheel Excavator
- To do a theoretical analysis of the machine rimpull control loop taking into account for different CAN and other network signal characteristics.
- To tune the controller for three different applications according to the description above.
- To create a Simulink model of the plant and controller in order to verify and test different use cases.
- To propose future improvements.
Thesis Level: Master
Starting date: Late January or early February, 2020
Number of students: One or Two
Tutors: David Berggren, Development Engineer, Tel. +46 73 765 6409
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.