Volvo Group – the second quarter 20157/17/15
- In the second quarter net sales increased by 17% to SEK 84.8 billion (72.6). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units sales increased by 4%.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 8,116 M (4,325) excluding restructuring charges of SEK 799 M (762). Operating income includes a positive impact of SEK 2,137 M from the sale of shares in Eicher Motors Limited. Currency exchange rates had a positive impact of SEK 1,804 M.
- Operating income excluding restructuring charges and the capital gain from the sale of shares amounted to SEK 5,979 M (3,284*), corresponding to an underlying operating margin of 7.1% (4.5).
- Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations amounted to SEK 8.6 billion (4.0).
- Net financial debt in the Industrial Operations amounted to 16% of equity.
- Truck order intake decreased by 6% and order intake of construction equipment decreased by 27%.
* Excluding the capital gain from the sale of real estate and the release of a provision for Volvo Rents in the second quarter 2014, combined amounting to SEK 1,041 M.
For a PDF version of the report, please click here: Volvo Group Q2 2015 PDF
Press and Analyst Conference. An on-line presentation of the report, followed by a question-and-answer session will be webcast starting at 09.00 CEST. More information under Interim Reports on www.volvogroup.com.
Contacts Investor Relations:
Christer Johansson, +46 31 66 13 34
Patrik Stenberg, +46 31 66 13 36
Anders Christensson, +46 31 66 11 91
John Hartwell +1 201 252 8844