Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
Assembler Job Duties:
- Position and fasten together truck subassemblies including frames, axles, powertrains, cabs, electrical components, hydraulic systems and air systems
- Bolts, screws, clips, or otherwise fastens together parts to form subassemblies, such as doors, seats, instrument control panels, steering columns, and axle units
- Installs mechanical and electrical components and systems, such as engine, transmission, and axle units; pumps; wire harnesses; instrument control panels; and exhaust, brake, and air-conditioning systems
- Performing any combination of following repetitive tasks according to specifications and using hand tools, power tools, and production
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures including wearing all required personnel protective equipment
- Perform basic assembly, attachment, and installation of parts
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Understand differences in details, when inspecting parts or work performed, checking for defects or quality issues, or when distinguishing various parts/components by identification number or code
- Understanding, proficiency, and safe use of overhead cranes and rigging techniques.
- Read and follow standard work operating procedures
- Maintains safe and clean working environment
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the departments
Assembler Requirements and Essential Functions:
- High School Diploma or GED/equivalent
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn how to utilize hand tools
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, reach, bent, squat and climb
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as required
- Ability to follow written plans and procedures
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds
- Able to work any shift schedule, holidays and overtime
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background screening, physical, physical capabilities test and drug screen
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.