The Volvo truck factory in Ghent is one of the world's biggest factory of the Volvo Group. Every day, over 2000 colleagues work together to build trucks of excellent quality. Innovation and continuous improvement are inherited in our daily operations. We believe in Lean Manufacturing, where quality, safety and environmental care are embedded as our top priority. Our site in Ghent today exists of many different department, but one thing we all have in common: we are passionate about what we do.
This is us, your new colleagues The main objective of the maintenance department is to keep everything running! We do this with a team of engineers and technicians who work side by side to be able to solve problems and to improve the availability of our factory in proactive way.
Do you just love to...
• Get your hands dirty to solve problems in a creative way?
• Improve everything?
• Redesign older concepts?
• Identify main bottlenecks in a process?
• Dive in an operational rush to get things done?
• Give a custom-made solution.
Are you the one?
• Technical experience and interest (electro mechanics, automisation, robotics,…)
• Open and flexible mind-set
• Fluent in Dutch and English
• Experience in automisation is a plus (TIA)
• Knowledge of basic electronics, relay and binary combinations.
A perfect match?
• Gain experience in a challenging automotive company
• Opportunities for a permanent position after a succesful internship
• Daily free lunch
Let's do this!
It takes less time to do a thing right, than it does to explain why you did it wrong. Help us to make this quote come true!
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.