Are you an engineer seeking an opportunity where you can be an instrumental part of current and future product development? Does the opportunity to lead the creation of roadmaps for future Volvo & Mack products excite you? Do you thrive on the opportunity to mentor and inspire other engineers?
If yes, then this may be the position for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Team, The Vehicle Strategy Group at Volvo is responsible for leading the plans and roadmaps for our future product as well as defining early product definitions for upcoming, near-term projects.
What You Will be Doing
As a Lead Geometrical Architect within the Vehicle Strategy Group, you will lead an engineering team to fulfill requirements for the plans and roadmaps of our future products. You will also be an instrumental part in defining early product definitions for upcoming, near-term projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing packaging concepts and evaluating the features for enhancing our products to our end customers.
- Leading multi-disciplinary/cross-functional teams to deliver quality secured geometry for our future products.
- Interacting between Vehicle, Powertrain, eMobility and manufacturing departments to solve packaging/geometry for our future vehicles.
- Proposing solutions for complete offer scenario/packaging to meet application and customer requirements.
- Analyzing and proposing common solutions that can support all brands to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts (CAST).
- Identifying A-interface impacts and balancing project geometrical requirements with platform requirements according to the A-interface process. Additionally, reducing variety of parts used, where possible.
- Driving Digital Mock-up (DMU) deliveries according to DMU logic.
- Making and delivering geometrical decisions in packaging studies.
- Acting as a lead and mentor to junior engineers, as required.
What We Are Looking For
You are an Engineer who excels in leading multi-disciplinary/cross-functional team. You are action oriented and able to make quality decisions on your own, sometimes without all of the facts. You also have a drive for collaborating cross-functionally and recognize the importance of a constant customer focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in product development projects in transportation; automotive or commercial vehicles highly preferred
- Proven ability to lead and direct teams cross-functionally
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for annual company bonus
- Comprehensive group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- Excellent 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong paid time off benefits
- Tuition reimbursement programs available
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.