This is a specialist level, where technicians are assigned responsibilities for performing highly skilled mechanical work in the repair and maintenance of coaches/ buses. Responsibilities may include troubleshooting repair needs, independently completing major repair projects, or directing projects requiring a team effort, including working with others in the completion of some work.
- Work independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Diagnose and repair electrical, HVAC, suspension, pneumatic and/or brake systems
- Respect and care for the customer and their equipment
- Develop personal professional and technical skills on an ongoing basis
- Act as a worthy representative of Prevost at all times
- Foster teamwork and improved communications between sectors at all times
- Respect the rules and guidelines of the company
- Comply with the quality and safety standards of the organization
- Complete documentation thoroughly and timely according to company requirements
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Advanced troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities
- Ability to look up parts efficiently and independently
- Assist customers over the phone with technical issues and/ or questions
- Be proficient in electronic media and laptop use
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent or graduation from a certified technical school
- Maintain all requirements for technician
- 4 years of qualified mechanical experience substituting one year of related technical training for a year of experience
- Proactively acquire and expand knowledge of the latest technology and systems in the industry
- Possess comprehensive set of tools requires to perform function of a technician
- Ability to read and write
- Provide own set of tools
- Standing for long periods of time
- Exposure to local weather variances, however work is generally inside
- Lifting heavy objects
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.