The Chassis Structures Engineering Group has the responsibilities to Develop Components and Systems like Chassis Structure, Battery Box, EV structures for ESS Installation and Module Under Cab Installation systems for all Volvo trucks Brands.
The Group responsibility covers maintenance, start cost projects and technology development, across various Products in the Volvo GTT truck ranges.
In our work we have contact with other business areas like Operations, Purchasing, After Market, Powertrain Engineering as well as Vehicle engineering colleagues in Global sites in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba and Ageo.
In the area of Chassis Mod10 and 45, we are now looking for a Mechanical Engineer – Chassis Structures (Incl EV) to contribute in the area of Chassis Development – Cabin Suspension, Engine Suspension, 5th Wheel, RUP and other chassis Equipments.
As an Engineer working with the CSETA Technology, the main deliverables are:
- Design of Cabin Suspension, Engine Suspension, 5th Wheel, RUP and other chassis Equipments as per truck market requirement
- Design of Sheet metal and Casting Complex parts.
- Work closely with supplier for development components.
- Establish a Strong Network with Global Counterparts and Cross functions.
- Strategize the More Responsibilities and Participation in the Global Projects.
- In your work, there will be frequent topics to handle with Global XFs and Suppliers around the world. It is required to establish right participation & contribution to the AE, PSRs and KM topics as well.
Qualifications and Skills:
- B.E/M.E – Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with Relevant experience
- Hands on work experience in similar automotive- Chassis Structures
- Experience in heavy commercial vehicle industry will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of application of GD&T
- Competence and exposure to Volvo Tools and Processes will be an added advantage
- Have holistic view on deliverables from other interfaces to secure quality & readiness before release.
- Knowledge Chassis Equipment’s packaging, routing & development.
- Knowledge of EV structural development is an advantage
Furthermore, we consider the following qualities as being of particular importance:
- Willingness to learn and develop your own skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication, Cooperation skills. Goal oriented & Drive for Results.
- Be structured, well organized, recognize the value and importance of providing solutions with the right quality level and in time.
- You must be someone who is a team player, High on energy and is interested in working with Global Sites.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.